Author Topic: Hi from Sandyleigh  (Read 4295 times)

Offline sandyleigh

• View Profile
Hi from Sandyleigh
« on: August 29, 2010, 02:12:33 pm »
Hi, this is Sandyleigh, a new owner of TMX for 1 week and loving it.  I have spent the last several years cooking much of our food from scratch as I am coeliac, my 6yr old son has numerous allergies and eczema and my 3 yr old daughter has her own medical conditions.  

I have been basing most of our diet on the suggestions from Sue Dengate and her books and website, trying to emliminate as many additives etc as possible.  I had heard of the Thermomix several years ago but never went any further until a friend of mine got one and I saw it in action.  It enables me to do what I have been doing but probably to a larger extent and much quicker.  

I have already posted a recipe request for a nutfree choc spread and really appreciate the response and helpfulness.  I look forward to checking out many more of your recipes and suggestions.

This also is my first "forum" as such that I have joined so a newbie to the whole thing.

Thanks , Sandyleigh

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hi from Sandyleigh
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 02:15:37 pm »
Welcome to the forum Sandyleigh, you will love it here and have already seen how quickly people will come to your rescue. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 02:28:31 pm »
Hi Sandyleigh and welcome to the forum.Lovely to hear that you are having fun cooking in your new TM.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 02:45:53 pm »
welcome to the forum sandyleigh. whilst I don't suffer from any allergies or eczema i hope that you will submit recipes to our forum that you have converted to help everyone else. quite often people "lurk" for ages (and thats fine by us) but by coming forward you will be helping more people than you realise  :D
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 01:41:18 am »
HI Sandyleigh,
I have just ordered a thermomix (having had my eye on one for ages) and I can't wait for it to arrive and to start cooking with it.
I also have coeliac disease and when someone told me the health benefits of using the TM by cooking from scratch etc, I was sold (probably the way you felt also).
I am in the middle of getting my 3 yo twins tested for coeliac disease but even though I am an avid cook and love being in the kitchen I can't wait to be able to spend more time with the kids out of the kitchen instead of stirring/mixing etc. Being able to get rid of half of the packets of stuff in my pantry let alone a lot of appliances alone is worth the price of getting this amazing machine.
Please keep us all posted on any gluten free recipes you discover as I am keen to start posting recipes once I get used to my new thermie!!
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"
Albert Einstein

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 06:30:10 am »
Welcome Sandyleigh and Merlin. You will find this a wonderful place for special diets. My daughter has Crohns disease and has benefited greatly by buying her Thermomix.

Ask and you will get lots of help.

Gretchen
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 06:40:26 am »
Welcome Sandyleigh and Merlin. You will find lots of willing helpers on this forum.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 06:57:59 am »
Welcome sandyleigh! Look forward to your contributions - TMX really opens up a world of possibilities when you have had such a restricted diet.  ;)

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 07:47:48 am »
Welcome Sandyleigh - hope you are able to post some conversions for the TMX  :-* :-* :-*

Have fun & enjoy the new helper.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.