Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6037234 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #25590 on: October 22, 2021, 12:12:59 pm »
I had my hair cut today. We’ve been very lucky that I’ve been able to have most of my hair cuts regularly.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #25591 on: October 23, 2021, 11:56:56 am »
Sorted a few things out today , it takes so long to sort deal with and find a spot ! But My DM’s dressing gown I put on the back of my bedroom door , it’s pale blue cashmere, she had good taste bless her . Put some jumpers away too . Then outside to tidy up DH and DS chopping back of old roses on the driveway ! Did about three and they look so much better all the deed wood gone except one that is super tall . Kitten sat under the rose while I pruned , it is very funny meowing when she could not find me . DH dropped some wood off and told me it was 6.30 pm I was still out there working . Lite the fire boys home late . Possums eating my lemons off the tree , not happy .

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #25592 on: October 23, 2021, 07:59:34 pm »
I think it must take real determination to eat lemons off a tree - have you tried spraying with chilli water?
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #25593 on: October 23, 2021, 11:12:08 pm »
Not yet , a baby possum was at it last night ! They have eaten heaps .
DH and DS have spent all yesterday last night trying to fix Apple Mac computer, DS accidentally upgraded DH farm program and now the whole computer will not work ! They have been on the phone to Apple all night and now this morning eek !  First call America second middle of Ireland and more calls I’m no longer asking keeping well away .
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 11:17:38 pm by K Atie »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25594 on: October 24, 2021, 12:05:09 am »
I hope they can get it sorted K Atie, computers can be so stressful, you are wise to stay well clear.  I no longer use mine, my iPad does everything I want it to do.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #25595 on: October 24, 2021, 07:43:14 am »
Cooking of course.  3 loaves of bread. My SD still playing up. Ended adding some yeast as I didn’t want to waste all the flour.
Found a program on my Speed oven, ( microwave) that I didn’t know I had. 
Washing windows.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
What have you been doing today?
« Reply #25596 on: October 24, 2021, 10:25:00 am »
We did a run with the Model A club today. We met at a park near the causeway and had coffee then drove out to the very northern suburbs where we had been invited to visit a couples collection of memorabilia. It was amazing. They have 4 factory units that they have developed to link to each other inside and have done up to look like a garage f the 60’s. Really Happy Days era. They have petrol pumps from all over the world, oil bottles, model car displays and lots of Coca Cola memorabilia. It isn’t open to the public.  Everything shines and sparkles. One area is done up as a diner and they gave us a sausage sizzle with salad and then coffee and cake to follow.
They buy things from all over the world and restore them. The fifth factory unit is their restoration shed.
The photos are of the diner.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25597 on: October 24, 2021, 11:36:30 am »
Sounds like a nice day out cookie, a shame it’s not open to the public.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #25598 on: October 24, 2021, 12:07:58 pm »
DS left very late tonight to go back to boarding house, as they are still fixing the computer with Apple repair people !! I think the lockdown lift has really got to me and super sensitive and anxious about a lot of things . Spotting Possums tonight .. better not go near my lemon tree or relocation will happen .

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #25599 on: October 24, 2021, 12:28:08 pm »
Cookie, what a lovely way to spend a day.
KAtie, I would be very cross if a possum ate my lemons. Relocation a very good idea.
We have 3 ducklings left, from the original 8. Still no mum. Tough out there.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #25600 on: October 24, 2021, 08:38:01 pm »
K Atie, computers are wonderful tools ... until they are not!  Hope you get yours sorted out soon.

Loved the look of the 60's garage, Cookie.  What an amazing collection.

Poor ducklings, Chookie.  Can you 'adopt' them and put them in a protected environment somewhere?

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25601 on: October 25, 2021, 09:36:40 am »
We have rats come and eat the skin from our lemons. I have absolutely no idea where they come from. They will just skin the lemon and leave it on the tree.
I called at my Italian shop this morning. I weakened and bought a delicious cannoli and toffee nut slice when I bought a few veggies and a bit of fruit. I picked up a fairly large box of tomatoes for $12 so I'm making passata at the moment. It must be at least 8-9kg.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #25602 on: October 25, 2021, 09:06:19 pm »
Nice shopping Cookie.
Visitors for lunch today.  Just as well we can now have visitors as the house gets a good clean up.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #25603 on: October 25, 2021, 09:50:31 pm »
I am extremely cross with the possums , why now are they eating them not really sure . DH came home to late to fix computer last night , hopefully he will get on to it today , think it’s all on the external hard drive that was found in a cupboard!!
Now this tops the kitten antics , night before last we new kitten was not there when we went to bed , woke up not there . Spent all day outside calling her and looking in shearing shed and beyond . Four times I had looked out the front . Must have been about 1.30 and I called her then I heard a faint meow , she was up a plantation silver sugar gum tree . Honestly so far up it would need an American fire ladder . A lot of meowing went on ,Well I reassured her telling her like a human which branch to jump too ,silly thing . Friends pulled upon the side of the road asked if I had found a Kola well I laughed ,no our kitten . As I said this turned away from her I saw and heard flying kitten drop from far up the tree . All good home for a snack and back out looking for action .
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 12:05:32 pm by K Atie »

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #25604 on: October 25, 2021, 10:53:27 pm »
What a mischievous kitten, K Atie