Author Topic: I too just bought a Thermomix.. so excited!  (Read 7196 times)

Offline hstevens

• View Profile
I too just bought a Thermomix.. so excited!
« on: December 11, 2012, 11:05:51 am »
Hello all, today I made the decision to buy a thermomix after thinking about it for a year, having been to a demo this time last year. I felt it was just too expensive even though I fell in love with it, (love at first sight). After having thermo envy all year I decided that life is too short not to have what makes you happy! I work very hard full time so this is my little treat for my 50th  birthday on Boxing Day. Im looking forward to making some lovely things for my friends to enjoy on that day!
I have been looking on the forum for a while, but still feel a bit overwhelmed at what I need to know. I have an unendurable wait of 10 days or so, but guaranteed delivery before Xmas which is great.
I will do some shopping and stocking up, any suggestions about what to have on hand?
I cant wait to make the beetroot salad that I still remember as delicious from the demo one year ago.. hope I can do it!
I look forward to meeting you all, you all seem such lovely people cant wait to get to know you
x Helen

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: I too just bought a Thermomix.. so excited!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 11:11:44 am »
Hi Helen, welcome to the forum.  Christmas holidays are going to be great in your house with you testing all the things your Thermomix can do.  This is an old thread but things don't change much in as far as what we need to stock in our pantries etc so you may find it useful.
The beetroot salad is a breeze so don't worry about it, just do it  ;D  We are always here for question and answer time so if you get stuck, give a hoy and someone should be able to help you out.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 11:15:20 am »
Welcome to the forum Helen, and a huge Happy Birthday for Boxing Day :),
your going to receive the very best birthday present ever. Definitely a great time to get a TM.
Do you have a few days off over the Christmas period? Hopefully you do and will be able to play with your TM lots :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

*suzanne*

Re: Re: I too just bought a Thermomix.. so excited!
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 11:17:07 am »
hello Helen and welcome, this forum is full of wonderfully talented ladies and gents

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 11:20:52 am »
Hi Helen. Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum. What a fantastic present to yourself. Hope you have as much fun as we do and happy birthday for Boxing Day.

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 11:33:25 am »
Hi Helen and welcome to the forum, what a wonderful gift to yourself.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 06:04:29 pm »
Hi and welcome to the forum Helen.What a great birthday present to yourself.You are going to have fun cooking over Christmas ;) :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 07:52:18 pm »
Good on you , Helen!  A decision you'll never regret!!  A very warm welcome to the forum - I guess by now you'll know that all you have to do is post a question, problem, etc. and there'll be plenty of help at hand.  Just choose a few things to try at first.  The vegetable stock is a must to start with as it goes into so many dishes.  Have fun - and we look forward to hearing more from you. :D

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2012, 09:35:02 pm »
Hello and welcome, Helen.  :D
And a big happy birthday for Boxing day...what a lovely present you have ordered yourself!  :D
:D

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2012, 10:24:24 pm »
Hi Helen and welcome to the forum. We're looking forward to getting to know you too! :D
Your TM will be the perfect 50th birthday present! ;D

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2012, 10:51:02 pm »
Welcome & congratulations on your purchase!!
I took a long time before buying too, but it's really exciting after wanting one for so long to have finally got one, and I'm loving it - definitely worth it in my opinion.

I think they almost need to give out the EDC (everyday cookbook) at the time of order - I know I would have loved to have it during the couple of weeks of waiting so I could read up and plan (and buy ingredients).  :D 
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

mcmich

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2012, 11:00:44 pm »
Welcome to the forum Helen.

A wonderful birthday present.  :)

Offline Persistenttiger

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2012, 11:39:49 pm »
Hi Helen,

I just endured my 8 day wait for my thermie, so I know the feeling :D It will come in no time!

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2012, 12:30:24 am »
Welcome to the forum Helen.  Happy Birthday for the 26th.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2012, 03:21:31 am »
Hi and welcome to the forum hope you enjoy your TM when it arrives and have a great birthday  :)