Author Topic: My bowl  (Read 19627 times)

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: My bowl
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2009, 03:00:49 am »
In fact some people wedge it under the blades and then turn it on spoon soft or speed 1 to clean without doing your nails in! ;D

Thanks - very important  ;) ;) ;D

brazen - does grace have any tips for cleaning apart from steel wool ?
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2009, 03:22:11 am »
hmm not that i remember, but honestly my brain was fully overloaded by all the info lol
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2009, 12:32:24 pm »
I asked Grace last week and steel wool is fine to use in the bowl :)
Now they tell us ??? ??? ??? We've all been so careful not to use anything scratchy on our bowls and all along we could have been using steel wool?  I use the non-scratch scouring pad and find that does the job.
Oh JD, you can scratch away, no worries, nothing can damage our bowls!!! ;D ;D ;D
Amanda

Spain

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2009, 12:46:22 pm »
I used to use a gentle scouring pad - but the other day I finally noticed a tip in the Uk recipe book by the porridge recipe.  It says that if you've got food (eg burned, porridge, eggs) stuck on the bottom, just add some water as if going to do the self-clean, plus a bit of detergent (if it's well burnt - something I've never had - I'd add a tsp of bicarb as well), then heat it at 100 for 1-2 minutes.  I couldn't remember the speed they said (and I was too lazy to look it up) so I did it at speed 8 as usual for a self-clean.

I couldn't believe how well it worked!!!!  I've been meaning to post this under the tips and tricks section, so perhaps I should copy and paste this posting there too ....
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline TMSteve

• View Profile
    • My hobby is Photography
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2009, 03:04:18 pm »
For a lovely clean finish I use (and recommend) one of those soft green plastic scourers and a product called "gumption".

Comes in a small round plastic container with a green lid, available from most supermarkets in Australia.

Sorry, don't know if it's available in any other locations.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2009, 03:16:16 pm »
I use gumption to clean my kitchen sink and make it shine and sparkle so yes it would do the same for the bowl (duh of course lol)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline JaneeZee

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2009, 03:45:47 pm »
Hello, I'm back!!

& the first thing I comment on is Gumption - I LOVE it - use it on everything - but I hadn't been game to try it on the TM bowl.  I have generally used copious amounts of bicarb when I  have got anything stuck which is generally when I am converting a recipe & I have no idea how long I have to cook it for.  That was mainly in the days before I discovered the forum & all the recipes here, now I am lazy!

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2009, 04:25:26 pm »
Have to say I haven't used it on my bowl either...am now thinking...it is stainless steel after all! Should the only thing we be really careful with and wary about be the prongs (or what ever they are called - great for a demonstrator!! lol) to ensure that they aren't damaged in any way??

I don't know and am probably confusing myself now...maybe I should just go to bed and stop trying to think things through!  ??? ???
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2009, 02:17:52 am »
For a lovely clean finish I use (and recommend) one of those soft green plastic scourers and a product called "gumption".

Comes in a small round plastic container with a green lid, available from most supermarkets in Australia.

Sorry, don't know if it's available in any other locations.

That's exactly what I use Steve - doesn't need it everytime though, it depends on what you have just cooked. I do the blitzing of my vegie scraps first then use the self cleaning method and only have to use gumption if there is still some residue.  Cleaning is never difficult for me though - although in the early days I did get some stuck on mess to clean off.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.