Author Topic: Almond and coconut steamed puddings with lemon syrup - Quirky Cooking pg 199  (Read 5780 times)

Offline Shazzy

• View Profile
Made these on the weekend and we all enjoyed them.  I have never steamed puddings before in the thermomix but they worked well.  There were a few wet patches where the water from the lid dripped on the cake but it was still fine. Not sure if there is any way around this. My DH in particular loved the sauce and was disappointed that I limited him as there wasn't a lot of sauce. Next time I think I will double and he can have as much as he likes :) I didn't use the stevia powder and it was still sweet enough.  

Linked JD
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 01:19:45 am by judydawn »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Just lay a sheet of baking paper over the top of the molds Shazzy, that will keep the drips out.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Shazzy

• View Profile
Thanks Judy - a very simple solution :)

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
I was a little disappointed in this dessert. It's a great recipe and the steamed puddings are lovely, but I didn't really enjoy the sauce. Not sure if I did something wrong or just prefer that sugary taste of normal lemon syrup. I didn't enjoy the coconut maple lemony taste! I think the puddings would be nice with the salted caramel sauce in the book. In fact I think I will try this with the leftovers. Also my puddings in the bottom of the varoma, hit the underside of the tray. The top ones rose perfectly.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Maybe the Citrus Syrup from the old Varoma demo will be more to your liking Kim. :) ( recipe posted by Uni halfway down the page ;))
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
Yes thanks CC. I have the recipe from my varoma demo and was thinking that too. These puddings are nicer than the varoma demo ones, but the sauce would work better.

Offline Shazzy

• View Profile
Funny isn't it as the sauce was my husbands favourite bit  :)

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
Yes shazzy it is. Guess my taste buds love refined sugar too much 😉☺️

Offline Shazzy

• View Profile
Im trying to wean my family of the refined sugar - maybe its working :):)