Author Topic: Sooooooo excited!!!  (Read 6130 times)

Offline Andrealphus

• View Profile
Sooooooo excited!!!
« on: April 26, 2013, 09:54:34 pm »
Finally, after years of lusting after a TMX, we'll be getting one delivered next Wednesday - I am sooooo excited!!!

Posting here from the UK (East Midlands), can't wait to start using my new kitchen helper - I am a bit of a gadget freak, and the TMX is going to be so at home here, next to the sous-vide supreme!

My only grip is what seems to be the lack of recipes I can find (apart from here, of course!) dedicated to the TMX - I like to cook at quite a high level, and experiment a lot, so if anyone can recommend any good resources for recipes (in English), I would be most indebted to you!

Oh, and Hi Everyone!!!

Andrea :) x

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Sooooooo excited!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 10:08:17 pm »
Welcome to the forum Andrea from UK forum member ;D
There is a list of blogs dedicated to TM cooking here
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 10:31:10 pm »
Hi and welcome, this is all you need here.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 10:35:32 pm »
Congratulations on finally taking the plunge!  It took me over 4 years to get mine, but worth the wait.

THIS is a handy selection of tried and true recipes on this forum. 
I don't have many cookbooks either, but have found once I'd tried a range of recipes, I learnt how the tmx is different and what order things might need to be done, so pretty happy now to use non-tmx recipes, as well as the huge selection on here.  It does take a little getting used to how the tmx works though - the first time I tried to make icing, I completely melted the butter instead of just creaming it.  :-[  Ooops.

Enjoy!!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 11:01:10 pm by jo_nz »
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 06:23:41 am »
Hi Andrea, welcome to the forum.  So many more blogs and recipes for the TMX to be found nowadays.  4 years ago it was a different matter, plenty of non-English speaking blogs but very few others.  We are spoilt for choice these days as you will see from the list of URL links CC gave you.  Another easy way to find something specific is to google, eg " rice pudding Thermomix" and every available recipe will come up.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 08:10:44 am »
Welcome to the forum Andrea  :)
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 12:11:59 pm »
Hi .andrea and welcome to the most wonderful forum around. I shall look forward to your reviews do recipes as you sound as though you enjoy cooking. Have fun with your machine when it arrives on Wednesday.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2013, 12:34:58 pm »
Hi Andrea & welcome :)

I'm looking forward to hearing about what you make and any recipes that you share :) What are the first few things you'd like to try?
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2013, 12:44:33 pm »
Hello and welcome to the forum Andrea. Happy cooking :)

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2013, 08:03:02 pm »
Welcome to the forum Andrea
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline Andrealphus

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2013, 08:54:13 pm »
Thankyou all... looking forward to making perfectly smooth chicken liver parfait (well, when we next have company!), and perfectly cooked hollandaise and creme anglaise without scrambling any eggs for starters!

It actually feels a bit strange not knowing where to start, as my other half surprised me by taking the plunge and ordering one yesterday for us (we did have a demonstration a few weeks ago). Normally I've got a head full of stuff I want to try, but I think it will take me a while to get used to the different speeds and temperatures before I'm comfortable enough to experiment - I'm sure I'll learn a lot here though, and look forwards to sharing any experiments that don't go wrong!!!

In the meantime, I'm going to have a browse of the recipes here, and the links that people have kindly suggested, thankyou very much!

Andrea  :D

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2013, 09:17:06 pm »
Welcome to the forum, happy cooking

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2013, 09:42:37 pm »
Andrea, a very warm welcome to the forum. Look forward to hearing more from you and what you're cooking! :)

mcmich

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2013, 01:41:17 am »
Welcome to the forum Andrea. You will love cooking with the Thermomix. There is an Australian Thermomix cookbook that is called In The Mix. Dani Valent actually was in the UK last year promoting it. This book has some more involved chefy recipes.

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2013, 04:18:59 am »
Welcome Andrea the forum is really the only cooking inspiration you will need, my advice is don't spend too much on books initially. enjoy your new gadget.