Author Topic: Secret Santa 2013  (Read 25902 times)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Santa 2013
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2013, 09:46:28 am »
Sorry to hear your SS experience wasn't a happy one Suzanne.I hope you do participate this year :-* :-*
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2013, 10:14:54 am »
Suzanne I'm so sorry :-* Please play again this year, I promise it will be better :D

Cookie and Snappy, the disappearing members was the main problem. I got very frustrated because I tried sending PM's but got either no response or a very vague response, and I knew I had made a mistake in letting those members join in when we knew so little about them. I also knew that other members, like Suzanne, would be the ones to be disappointed and disheartened by the lack of sportsmanship displayed by the disappearing members. It just wasn't fair and I'm not making the same mistake this year.
I felt that those members used the forum and it's members like we were just any random strangers. I didn't appreciate the lack of consideration they showed for us as a forum family.

Okay, rant over, back to happy Amy now :D :D :D

I might be making the rules more strict this year, but it will make it a lot more fun because it will be fair for everyone :-*

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2013, 10:31:00 am »
Yes you have to be tough Amy, we are a very close knit group here and welcome people with open arms.  If they abuse that, it leaves a very sour taste in your mouth.  Sorry to hear your story Suzanne, I completely understand how you must have felt as part of the excitement was waiting for our recipient to post receipt of the parcel we had sent them.

Let's hope it all runs smoothly this year - its not fair on you either Amy.  It took up a lot of your time and you did a super job.  Shame on those people.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 11:09:17 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline SoBlessed

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2013, 10:37:38 am »
Great idea Amy, as my experience was similar to Suzanne's.

mcmich

« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2013, 11:15:05 am »
So sorry to hear of the disappointing experiences, as on the whole everything went really well, thanks to our Amy.  :D

Obviously Amy is ironing out the wrinkles and this year should be just as much fun for everyone.  :D

You are a star +++ Ames  ;D ;D

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2013, 11:17:38 am »
So sorry to hear of the disappointing experiences, as on the whole everything went really well, thanks to our Amy.  :D

Obviously Amy is ironing out the wrinkles and this year should be just as much fun for everyone.  :D

You are a star +++ Ames  ;D ;D

i don't need a recipe i'm italian

*suzanne*

Re: Re: Secret Santa 2013
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2013, 11:52:05 am »
Please don't think I am blaming Amy just thought I would let you know how it was for me.
I had fun picking out my gift and anxiously waited for mine so it wasn't all bad and I lived through you all opening and posting what you received ;D;D;D

mcmich

« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2013, 12:16:49 pm »
We see what you are saying Suzanne and hopefully Amy will be able to tweak the very few problems that happened last year.  :D

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2013, 01:35:50 pm »
Thanks so much for the support ladies, I couldn't ask for a more lovely bunch to play Secret Santa with :D :D :D

Suzanne, of course I don't think you are blaming me, and I'm glad you and SoBlessed have been so open about your experiences from last year. It helps us make changes for the next one so it won't happen again :)

I'm going to tweak this thing until there's not a tweak left in me ;D

Offline kt2

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2013, 01:44:28 pm »
You did a fantastic job last year Amy!  ;D It's a shame to hear that there were some members who were let down by others not playing fair  :(
I had a ball participating and can't wait for this years!  ;D ;D
Katie, Perth WA

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2013, 01:47:27 pm »
Me too. Absolutely loved it last year. You did such a great job Amy.

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2013, 01:53:26 pm »
Thanks girls :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2013, 09:46:39 pm »
Such a shame that some members were let down, there always seem to be a few people who don't play fair. I had a great time participating and will look forward to participating again if Amy is up to organizing it. Great job and thanks in advance Amy.

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2013, 11:51:37 pm »
I'm glad you had a good time Wonder and I'm very much looking forward to organizing it again when we've got these rules in place :D :D

I've just been going through the list of participating members and I have given everyone a number so we can keep track of how many are playing. There are a couple to whom I'll be sending PM's because we haven't seen them around for a while. RhubarbWhine hasn't been active since February.

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2013, 12:29:25 am »
Only 7 mths to Xmas!!!!  :o  Yippee!

Another forum I'm on has quite strict criteria for people wanting to join swaps - a minimum time joined and post count, or you can get someone else to vouch for me.  Not that I want to make it too strict - I've only been around here 6 mths, and no idea what my post count is - I know I'm on here a lot, but post relatively infrequently! 

I'll send you my address Amy! (but a little later - Mum's just arrived)
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.