Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 8926273 times)

Offline Tenina

• The new publicity shot…
    • View Profile
    • Tenina.com
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2008, 01:52:21 pm »
I have just written up my Varoma steamed puds for a customer newsletter which will be out by the end of the week I think! It is adapted from my steam oven recipe on the blog, which can be used quite successfully if you are any good at adapting for TM.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2008, 08:36:45 pm »
i have noticed that thermomix is sending out many more newsletters lately. (shame they are all for classes i can't attend lol)
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2008, 09:29:04 pm »
If newsletters have recipes in, would anyone be willing to forward them to me?  I'd send the UK ones in return (they are only sent out very infrequently, though, I'm afraid.) 
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2008, 10:48:22 pm »

How long did you steam them for, Thermomixer?

Thanks for all that info - with the puds - they were in Dariole moulds and cooked for 25 mins, was going to try larger ones in cups - may need 40 mins for them?
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2008, 01:27:01 am »
Yesterdays foods were pumpkin soup and hubby's creation of a different creamed rice. 
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2008, 10:58:53 am »
We had Toad in the Hole last night, with gravy & steamed broccoli.  First time I've made Toad in the Hole (or yorkshire pud) in years and years - can't be bothered, usually.  But it was so easy!  I was ashamed to find that it was the very first time that my 5 year old daughter had eaten this Great British Classic  :P  What have I been thinking of?!  You can't be a Brit and not grow up on Toad in the Hole / Yorkshire Pud!!!

Pudding was home made eccles cakes - I'd made the quick puff pastry in the TM, and then quickly knocked together a mince meat type filling in the TM too.

I realised afterwards that I hardly ever cook British food!!  So it was a nice change to eat Brit start to finish.  Serious comfort food.
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline baf65

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2008, 01:05:51 pm »
caroline how did your puff pastry turn out, i found mine was more like a shortcrust

tonight the kids had risotto, im sick of loooking at risotto at the moment but they eat it up! i had pasta figoli...it was quite nice really, i added some chorizo which i pan fried separately

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2008, 12:29:35 pm »
The puff pastry turned out half way between shortcrust and puff pastry, which is what I'd expected, really, for rough puff pastry.  It made very nice, perfectly acceptable eccles cakes.  If yours was really like shortcrust, then perhaps you didn't do the rolling out and folding up then re-rolling enough times?  I did it about 9 times.

Last night was fish stir fry with greens from the garden, with TM sweet chilli sauce and rice.  Pudding was fresh fruit with some cream whipped in the TM with raw sugar icing sugar and pure lemon oil.  Very delicious!  Will definitely make again.

Offline baf65

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2008, 09:49:11 am »
Last night I made the delicious pasta out of the new calender, it was very tasty, depsite the fact I should have put a bit less chilli in and only had frozen parsley, and of course very economical!!
tonight Ive made the naan bread and tandoori chicken also out of the calendar, a bit more labour intensive and rquired some forward planning due to the 2hrs rising for the naan, but stil very easy - the proof wil be in the tasting!!

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2008, 01:14:41 pm »
we tried the beef rendang for the first time tonight, wasn't overly impressed (it's wasn't bad but won't become a favourite)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog

Offline baf65

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2008, 01:26:57 pm »
the naan bread was really nice, but i spread a bit of melted butter over it, i think it could benefit from a bit of flavour, texture was great however
the tandoori chicken was very tasty but with dry naan and plain rice really need a bit of a sauce
i cooked everything on the bbq, so maybe cooking the chicken in the oven with the marinade might have made a bit mre sauciness?
i made a raita to go with it, but not enough sauce...maybe its an english thing- we like saucy curries not dry ones?

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2008, 06:24:45 am »
We had ham and asparagus risotto last night.  There was enough to feed an army.  Good for leftover lunch today.
Will post the recipe asap as it's really nice.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2008, 07:56:09 am »
i've just attempted pasta for the first time - absolute disaster :( off to post in my other thread for advice...
My Cooking Blog

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2008, 07:27:21 pm »
Last night I made the delicious pasta out of the new calender, it was very tasty, depsite the fact I should have put a bit less chilli in and only had frozen parsley, and of course very economical!!

Any chance of posting the recipe for those of us not able to access the Ozzie calendar, Baf65?

Offline baf65

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2008, 12:54:57 am »
sure I will post it in the mains link - aglio oilio e peperonicino is the name of it!