Author Topic: Coconut milk  (Read 26662 times)

Offline zebraa

• View Profile
Re: Coconut milk
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2010, 01:20:26 pm »
If you are try to avoid 220 then dessicated cocnut is out. But asian shops soemthimes have frozen grated coconut which would be easy to use in this recipe.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2010, 08:55:10 pm »
zebfraa,  thanks for that.  I hadn't realized that .

Offline opi2kenopi

• View Profile
    • The Opies: Family Food
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2011, 06:52:43 am »
Glad this topic was here.  I needed coconut milk for a recipe today and didn't have any.  Funny, I came here before I bothered with my EDC...which was just as well, because unless I'm blind the July 2010 version doesn't have it.  :o :o

Offline KerrynN

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2011, 07:30:53 am »
I have made this today from a fresh coconut. It is in the fridge now and I am planning on freezing it for when I need it later in the week. (We drilled holes in to get the juice out then bashed it with a hammer after failing with the back of the knife. Tried Chookie's suggestion with holding it over the gas fire but wasn't prepared for the fibres on the shell to catch on fire too... Still we didn't have any trouble getting the flesh removed.).

Anyway, I was wondering what to do with the coconut flesh? It seems such a shame to throw it away, even into the compost. Could it be used in place of shredded or dessicated coconut in a slice or biscuit recipe?
Kerryn