Author Topic: Hello Everyone from the U.K.  (Read 7358 times)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hello Everyone from the U.K.
« on: May 12, 2010, 10:14:43 pm »
Hi,
I've been following your wonderful forum for sometime now and I thought it about time I joined.I received my Thermomix 4 years ago as a surprise birthday present from my husband.I had spoken off and on about owning one and he put a stop to my nagging by arranging a demo on my birthday.What a wonderful surprise it was when the demo was finished to be told that the machine was mine.I love my Thermomix. I would be totally lost without it, it's my "Man Friday."
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline bron

• View Profile
Re: Hello Everyone from the U.K.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 12:38:25 am »
Man Friday! I love that! Hi & welcome! I'm English too, although have been living in Spain for more than half a lifetime! Is Thermomix getting stronger over there, all my friends in London, England have never heard of one!
Amanda

Spain

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 01:50:39 am »
Hi Cornish Cream, welcome to the forum.  What a thoughtful husband you have and what a surprise that must have been for you. After owning one for 4 years, which is probably longer than anyone here in Australia I would think, you must have lots of favourite recipes you can share with us. Have fun on the forum, I'm sure you will enjoy it here.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline rainbow

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 03:20:08 am »
Welcome Cornish Cream, Are you from Cornwall?  Lovely area,  Hope you enjoy the forum and hope to hear from you.  :)

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 03:49:24 am »
Welcome Cornish Cream. What a lovely husband you have - although I'm sure he has reaped the culinary rewards over the past 4 years. :D 
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 05:44:59 am »
Welcome - after 4 years we hope you have lots of ideas and helpful tips for us.    :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 07:05:28 am »
Welcome to the forum.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 08:02:25 am »
Welcome to the Forum Cornish Cream.  Hope you have fun and share in the recipe swapping ideas.

Offline Katya

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 01:30:59 pm »
Welcome Cornish Cream from another UK Thermomix owner.   Your name is making me salivate  ;D

Have you been watching Great British Menu?  Thermomixers are popping up all over the place on that program and hopefully it will mean that more people in this country will become familiar with it.

Offline willowfox

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2010, 07:39:58 am »
Welcome Cornish cream, i am originally from UK and now a consultant over here in Perth, Australia:)
I am sure you will love sharing and enjoying new recipes as much as we all do in here:)
My mum is looking at getting one soon, she is in Scotland, seems to be getting a bit more well known over there now thanks to lots of cooking shows on TV.

WF xx

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2010, 10:03:09 pm »
Thank you for your warm welcome everyone.I hope I will be able to add to the forum.It's hard to tell if the Thermomix is taking off over here in the U.K. as I'm not following the present Great British menu. I did see Sat Bains using it on a previous Great British Menu(2007) making Ham,Egg and Peas.I know the judges love it, although his fellow chefs thought the machine space age and they were real purists.All my friends know that I own one but they are put off buy the price.Other people who I tell have never heard of it.
rainbow - I was born and lived in Cornwall until my early twenties.Did a bit of globe trotting with the DH because of his job but have settled for many years in the Chiltern Hills.Quite near Great Missenden, where Roald Dahl lived, wrote his books and is buried.
willow fox- I hope your Mum has a great time with her machine when it arrives and that she becomes addicts like us.
I will post the Ham, Egg and Peas if anybody is interested?
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2010, 10:59:51 pm »
oops !!  Senior moment!! Just realized Ham,Eggs and Peas is on the UK Thermomix website
http://www.ukthermomix.com/recshow.php?rec_id=59

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2010, 11:27:01 pm »
Yes, the recipe is also in their first newsletter - he came to Australia last year to demonstrate at our food festival.  The organisers were running around trying to find one of those thermo-thingies.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2010, 02:13:56 pm »
Hi Cornish Cream and welcome!

I need a picture of Ham, Eggs and Peas, I just can't imagine what it's meant to look like....

I must tune in to Great British Menu, I love that programme. I remember seeing the Thermomix used by one of the chefs to finish a Beetroot Puree. The chefs were most disparaging about this machine, but very surprised when the puree turned out beautifully!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2010, 02:25:59 pm »
I thought the same thing MJ  ;D ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.