Author Topic: Apricot chicken risotto review  (Read 16536 times)

Offline maddy

• View Profile
Re: Apricot chicken risotto review
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2012, 01:24:38 pm »
Double blerk to that Bubbles!   :P
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2012, 01:28:52 pm »
Am I the only one to think that Chicken & apricots just don't belong together  ???  Blerk!  ;D
I agree Maddy. Its in the same category as sausages and sultanas for me.. Blerk!  ;D
I now for a fact that DH wouldn't even try it  :D
Reminds me of a story that my DD told me after attending a friends wedding.The main course was Chicken stuffed with strawberries :P She hated it and her DH who eats everything couldn't eat it either :D :D :D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Bubbles

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2012, 01:58:22 pm »
Chicken and strawberries? ??? That's a whole new level of meat & fruit that just shouldn't be cooked together! ;D

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2012, 05:25:55 pm »
Chicken and strawberries? ??? That's a whole new level of meat & fruit that just shouldn't be cooked together! ;D
I totally agree bubbles ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2012, 09:16:12 pm »
Meat and fruit can go well together. Have you ever tried pancakes with bacon, banana and maple syrup. Yum yum yum
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline Depome

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2012, 09:04:41 am »
I'm just cooking this for the first time. I cut my hi ken highs into 5 strips across the width, then cut each into 4 so that I had 20 as all pieces from each thigh. After 17 mins these aren't cooked. Did everyone use thigh as in the recipe? That takes longer to cook than breast and is more forgiving. Mine certainly isn't dry or stringy. I'm just cooking for a further 5 mins. Sauce tastes nice currently with fresh parsley and sage.

Offline kyton

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2013, 09:40:14 am »
I made this on Tuesday afternoon for the first time. I used a tin of apricots in juice that I puréed first. Hence the apricot flavour was extremely subtle. Was ok - wouldn't rush back to make it.
Kylie

Offline annaussie

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2013, 12:31:42 pm »
A work colleague of my husband suggested we try this recipe.  I made it exactly to the recipe and we both love it.  We both think it is full of flavour.  I would like to try the suggested Tbsp of French onion soup mix and Tbsp of curry powder in it as well sometime because that sounds delicious too.

Offline foodgroupie

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2013, 07:23:09 am »
Hi this is the 3rd time I've made this, Can't fault it, I do cook it for 4min longer then what the EDC says, simple quick cheap.

Offline Tony101

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2014, 08:32:36 am »
We had this today for a demo. TC followed recipe to the letter.

Everyone found it very tasty. Rice was perfectly cooked.

I prefer the mushroom risotto, but this is great if you like it a little sweeter.

“I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.”
― W.C. Fields