Author Topic: The Happy Thread  (Read 1013354 times)

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
Re: The Happy Thread
« Reply #120 on: July 06, 2012, 10:47:23 am »
Just found out a friend of mine who has started foster care is getting a 3 month old baby girl to take care of. I'm sad because of the situation why this baby needs foster care, but happy knowing that this baby will be so so loved and well taken care of now. :D

That makes me really happy too Mandi :D I studied Child Protection so I know a bit about this sort of stuff, and this little girl is obviously going to a loving, caring household where she will get very well looked after :)

I'm loving the Googleheimer's ;D My condition finally has a name! :-))

Have fun with your girls Astarra :-* Say hi to them for me! :D

I still have endorphins running around in my brain from my 2 hour workout this morning, so I am very happy right now ;D ;D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 06, 2012, 10:57:29 am »
I loved your happy posting Chookie.
Life will return to 'normal' for you Astarra with the children coming home - what great in-laws you must have.

My happy moment today was when the hairdresser pulled the tight rubber streak cap from my head - it's not until it's off that you realise how tight it has been for the past 30 minutes or so  ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 06, 2012, 11:04:33 am »
My happy moment today was when the hairdresser pulled the tight rubber streak cap from my head - it's not until it's off that you realise how tight it has been for the past 30 minutes or so  ;D

I only had that done once and promised myself I would never put myself through it again. I felt like my brain was going to start oozing out or something :-)) The relief is a very nice feeling when they take it off though ;D

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 06, 2012, 11:53:59 am »
All home and in bed now!  :)
They didn't know we were going up there, so got a surprise when we walked in the door!  :D Was so cute how they all wanted to climb all over both DH and me at once!  :-)) Nice to have them home.  :D
Yep, I do have awesome in-laws, I love them dearly!  :D
:D

mcmich

« Reply #124 on: July 06, 2012, 03:59:18 pm »
Lovely astarra.

Offline Merrilyn

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 07, 2012, 01:57:29 am »
I found a little out of the way kitchen shop that had a wonderful special on reserving jars, so I was able to stock up on jars for the coming season.  Looks like everyone will be getting preserves for Christmas  :D

I love a bargain, and the jars were so pretty, it made me very happy.
Never ask a 2 year old to hold a tomato  :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 07, 2012, 05:52:45 am »
Sounds like a great deal Merrilyn!! Well done :D

My mum and I had similar luck with saucepans today. We saved nearly $200 on four brand new, good quality saucepans. That made us very happy as our old ones are starting to fall apart :-))

:D :D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 07, 2012, 07:04:42 am »
Fantastic Astarra ;)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 07, 2012, 07:23:07 am »
ok . . . can get the message up on tapatalk but can't (or don't know!) how to load the photo - any help gratefully received.  I can get the photos onto my pc (taken with iphone) but don't know how to post photos from there either . . . :'(

So far: used red wine (Kadarka), from the garden: parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme - from the cupboard: a huge bayleaf and peppercorns.  We put it on a shorter stainless steel drink bottle with a wide neck.  The bottle proved to be a bit short ..but we'll see what happens!  It's in/on the bbq now and the potatoes are now being prepared . . . .

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 07, 2012, 01:44:25 pm »
I'm happy happy happy as we have marri timber floors laid this week in our bedroom and office. You have no idea how gooooood it is compared to the bare cement.  ;D ;D ;D (we've been in the house a mere 7 1/2 years!!)
Now I have to go shopping for a new bedroom suite, new doona cover, find a painter to do a paint job in our bedroom and a few new things in the office so it looks finished.  :D
Oh...and I threw out all those clothes that I was going to either "wear one day " or "lose weight one day". Decided today it was just never gonna happen - so Good Sammies here they come!

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 07, 2012, 01:49:12 pm »
Nikkit that sounds very exciting!!!! :D What a shame you have to go shopping LOL :-)) It sounds like your bedroom is going to look wonderful.
Good idea getting rid of old clothes. I love throwing stuff out, it makes me very happy too ;D

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 07, 2012, 02:03:09 pm »
Amy, I am a 4th generation hoarder (didn't know great great granny - so don't know what she was like - but the rest of us are hopeless hoarders!) ...you just never know when you might be able to use that bit you kept from 1974. Well today I told my dear departed Nana to leave for the day (I'm sure she comes to "visit" me when I'm having a chuck out and whispers in my ear that "no that could be useful one day dear...") and I've had a good clean out. She would be horrified and I can see her shaking her head now!!

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 07, 2012, 02:08:00 pm »
Golly gosh, that is a lot of hoarding :o I'm the complete opposite of you! As soon as something no longer has an immediate use, I toss it. Which has proven to be not so helpful on a number of occasions :-))
I love throwing things out, in fact, I can see a whole bunch of things I could throw out right now ;D

Cleanliness and order make me happy ;)

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 07, 2012, 02:36:42 pm »
Remind me not to invite you to morning tea then Amy! You'd have a field day here... ;D
After my Pop died we had to clean out their house before Nana could move. OMG! She had kept every butter and marg container she had bought from the last 20 years. (amongst a whole load of other things!) We couldn't quite see why at the time, but when you stop and think - she grew up in the depression era and was one of 10 kids, so you used every thing until it could be used no more.
I grew up on a farm and not much got chucked out there. If it did it was to our little tip - so we knew where it was if we ever needed it.
I tend to keep things for a couple of years and if it hasn't been used in that time - then it is time to pass it on. Unless it tugs the heart strings, then I just have to find a spot for it ;D

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 07, 2012, 03:31:25 pm »
Lol okay, no morning tea for Amy at Nikkit's place :-))
I think my grandparents are a bit like that too, there is a use for everything! My nana always has a story for every knick knack and doo-hickey though, so its actually really nice :D
I have a little treasure chest for all my special things ;)