Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6134206 times)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #4470 on: November 18, 2012, 07:40:34 am »
Amy, your lunch looks wonderful :-* :-* :-*

No Bubblessss. I will have some for you.

Maddy, yep farmers are like that....
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline chrissa

• View Profile
« Reply #4471 on: November 18, 2012, 07:54:54 am »
Lunch looked yum Amy.  Hope you had a fun time.
I do the best I can

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #4472 on: November 18, 2012, 08:35:25 am »
Taking my mum to see it tomorrow GHM.
I hope she likes it. Haven't told her what the storyline is yet but don't think she will have a problem with it.
John Hawkes Gets good reviews would you agree.
I am looking forward to it.
Watched a programme on SBS recently about "ladies" working with the disabled. Opened my eyes as I hadn't really thought about it.

HI MF I hope you and your mum enjoyed the movie!  it is not really a subject that one often thinks about, although I did have a nursing colleague who was an expert in this kind of work, he didn't provide the service himself but was present once a week for a disabled couple, his role was to facilitate making it happen, which involved hoists, lifting etc etc. he used to say they were always so happy to see him when he arrived for his weekly " shift ",  there is obviously a need out there and I think this movie opens up our minds into chat life is like for others!!

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #4473 on: November 18, 2012, 08:38:08 am »
Wow Amy sounds like you had a great day. Love your purse and lunch looked awesome. Certainly a day to remember.   I toast my bubbles to you....three cheers for Amy. Hip hip hooray...;D

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #4474 on: November 18, 2012, 08:43:22 am »
Thanks everyone for having my drink for me ;D ;D ;D

And you don't need permission  ;D
Bubbles will be a nice for your first drink Amy

Bubbles sound very nice MF! :D I have just been discussing dates with mum too.... she has an appointment in Perth in early January, so she could bring me up to Perth then if you're not busy :)

Nice lunch Amy - very healthy ;)  No cake to celebrate?

I was going to make a birthday cake for mum and SD to eat for me.... I might still do that ;D
At the marron farm mum and SD had chocolate beetroot cake, nana and grandpa had sticky date pudding, and I had some passionfruit, lemon and mango sorbet in a little cup :D Wanted to take photos but everyone dived in before I got the chance (including me ;D)

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #4475 on: November 18, 2012, 09:10:42 am »
Maddy sounds very true to form and quite normal whatever the country the farmer lives in!  Hope he feels better soon.

Amy lovely food, and lovely birthday.

Mandi amazing bird.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #4476 on: November 18, 2012, 09:27:05 am »
Glad you jad a good tome amy and most places provide bubbles and wine by the glass so no need to be ordering a bottle if you wanted a drink and your not drivi g of course 😁
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #4477 on: November 18, 2012, 09:28:54 am »
Maddy glad it all worked out and hope dh feels better in the morning :). Who needs to drive machinery anyway.. You cook entertain and are a taxi driver lol so think its all good... Ds will be old enough soon anyway to be able to help dh out more :)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

• View Profile
« Reply #4478 on: November 18, 2012, 09:31:18 am »
Thanks DJ, I hope you are set to have a wonderful day :D

Frozzie.... that just goes to show how uneducated I am about alcohol LOL ;D

Mama Fergie

« Reply #4479 on: November 18, 2012, 09:32:04 am »
Taking my mum to see it tomorrow GHM.
I hope she likes it. Haven't told her what the storyline is yet but don't think she will have a problem with it.
John Hawkes Gets good reviews would you agree.
I am looking forward to it.
Watched a programme on SBS recently about "ladies" working with the disabled. Opened my eyes as I hadn't really thought about it.

HI MF I hope you and your mum enjoyed the movie!  it is not really a subject that one often thinks about, although I did have a nursing colleague who was an expert in this kind of work, he didn't provide the service himself but was present once a week for a disabled couple, his role was to facilitate making it happen, which involved hoists, lifting etc etc. he used to say they were always so happy to see him when he arrived for his weekly " shift ",  there is obviously a need out there and I think this movie opens up our minds into chat life is like for others!!

Didn't go GHM as mum was invited out for lunch in the city by her neighbor.  :( They usually go once a week but as mum and I are going to NZ on Wednesday her friend suggested they go today. I was disappointed as really looking forward to it. Hopefully it will still be in the cinemas when I get back and we can go then. You are right it's something we don't really think about and especially wher lifting and hoists are necessary for "things" to happen.
I got cooking done instead so I am happy about that as I like to leave meals for DH in the freezer.  :D

Offline Moptop

• View Profile
« Reply #4480 on: November 18, 2012, 09:44:57 am »
Good to hear everyone's day has ended well.  I got all the washing done including folded and put away. Ironing is in the basket waiting to be picked up tomorrow.  Oh how I love my ironing lady!! Then I vacuumed outside tidied up inside and now I am sitting with a Bailey's.  all in Amy's honour you understand  :-)) :-))
You were born to stand out, don't waste your life trying to fit in.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4481 on: November 18, 2012, 09:45:38 am »
Maddy I do hope your DH is back on deck soon.. When a job needs doing on a farm it has to be done NOW.

Amy, happy birthday, it sounds as though you have had a lovely day.

CC and DJ it is great that you were able to catch up.

Today we went on a treasure hunt old car run. It was different but fun.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #4482 on: November 18, 2012, 09:47:35 am »
Of course we do Moptop ;) bottoms up

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #4483 on: November 18, 2012, 09:54:02 am »
Maddy, hope DH is feeling better soon, I know what farm life is like. :)
Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #4484 on: November 18, 2012, 10:00:03 am »
Then I vacuumed outside tidied up inside and now I am sitting with a Bailey's.  all in Amy's honour you understand  :-)) :-))

Why thank you Moptop, I'm flattered that you went to the trouble of having a Baileys for me!! ;D

Cookie, thank you, I hope you enjoyed your treaure hunt :)