Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4524612 times)

Offline maddy

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #405 on: August 22, 2011, 05:36:50 am »
Every month, Ed say "We have no money".  Every month I say "I never buy ANYTHING!"

LOL......we must be related Lee!   8)
 I quote 50% off any figure in an instant  ;D  you have to give your answer quickly people, or it's an obvious tale!
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 22, 2011, 06:35:07 am »
Cp yep i think DH realises that he will have to work, just feeding him healthier food so he lives longer...

Maddy, Hard to quote 50% less when its on his credit card, wondering the cc will disappear from my wallet he does move it backwards and forwards from time to time.

I was hoping to pick up boxes, cook someting and then let it slip, he never checks po box, thats my job, well used to be....

Dede, not sure  been busy in TM, he did love the chocate mouse, so maybe another one with baileys in it, but this time put it in the Le Creuset and say..... See the flavour is so much better! LOL.  ;D might work, you never know

Leesmac78, instructions, what instructions....they never come with goods in our house.

Oh dear Leesmac now you have the TM, the shopping will get worse, you see, you want, you buy.
Dont worry about the money, DH is always telling me i will send us broke, my reply is well we can always sell something...

Hally
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 22, 2011, 06:59:55 am »
Hally I agree, when I bought Thermie I thought It would be my gadget buying cure. Little did I know the "bad" influence on here. Now contemplating a vacumn sealer and food dehydrater. Yes lee, purchased 2 of those hokey pizza trays. Lol
Denise

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 22, 2011, 08:40:25 am »
Im sure every dh winges about their partners spending and blāmes them for going broke (always an exaggeration)....water off a ducks back lol!!  Dh blāmes me even when im good and dont spend so why bother being good  :D :D
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 22, 2011, 10:40:01 am »
I bought my dehydrator today  ;D ;D ;D  (well it is paid for and on back order!!) and DH promptly told me when I messaged him to let him know that we now need a vacuum sealer to go with it so we can seal it all up to keep easier and also marinade his meat for jerky faster - nope not me that spends in this house  :P :P  ;D ;D gotta love him!
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 22, 2011, 11:24:23 am »
Faffa and Bedlam if you buy a vacuum sealer let me know which one you get please or do you have any links to any?

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 22, 2011, 11:31:03 am »
Yvette, we have had a sunbeam for quite a few years and it is really good.  Faffa and Bedlam you can buy bags for selaers at Master Butchers in Canning Vale. If you're ever going there give me a hi. (when I get home anyway.)
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #412 on: August 22, 2011, 12:23:44 pm »
Went shopping in town today as I felt like a little retail therapy - but didn't buy anything!
Just made up for that by buying a vacuum sealer on Ebay!
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 22, 2011, 10:35:29 pm »
Thanks Cookie, let me know how your seales goes Amanda when you receive it.

Offline Deeau

• View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 23, 2011, 12:46:42 am »
I have the sunbeam Vacuum sealer, I have been wanting it to die for years so I can get a different one, I use mine all the time to reseal things and it is so noisey and has to go through the whole vacuum process even if you only want to seal. My family complains all the time about the noise of the BRRRRPPPPP machine. There is a place in QLD that I have looked at that has a more commercial type machine that will vacuum and seal or just seal, not too badly priced but I can't seem to find the link right now.
Dee
PS I have something to contribute to the shopping thread, I recieved the Newwave 5 in 1 cooker yesterday, ( read about it on here), I cooked Beef Rendang from the EDC in it last night, did the sauce in the TM then transfered to the the pressure cooker. ( not sure if thats logical or not ) BUT it did cook beautifully  ( nicer then the TM cooked one ) in 35 minutes and gave me the option to make some choc-chip cupcakes then cook the rice and the vegies in the TM and Varoma, all while the Beef was cooking, the clean up was virtually no different that if I had used the Thermoserver.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 23, 2011, 05:14:51 am »
I have cut my magazine purchases considerably! (house & decorating ones)......still a sucker for the cooking ones though  :P
So I only allow myself 2 U.S. magazines I adore.

Picked up my monthly copy of Romantic homes

and the quarterly copy of Romantic Country

............now off to make a latte and drool!
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline leesmac78

• View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 23, 2011, 05:18:34 am »
Being a former TUpperware sales "man" and having a house literally completely full of all things Tupperware, why would I need a vacuum sealer?  I have seen them but strangely never desired one. I imagine that I could do everything in Tupperware and re use and recycle the containers.   Would love to know more...

xxx

;D

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 23, 2011, 06:05:33 am »
for us it is space... I have a pantry FULL of Tupperware (yep my sales lady loved me for years!!!) but I still run out of containers. There are 7 of us in a very small 4 bedroom house so space is at a premium here. I want it more for things I dehydrate or things I use rarely that I can seal up and store and then leave the Tupperware for other uses.

DH on the other hand wants it purely so that is meat for jerky marinades faster and better  :-)) :-))
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 24, 2011, 12:19:02 pm »
"Love my way" dvd box set.

I adore Aussie series, and I really enjoyed this one!.......not for the prudish though  :P
Claudia Karvan is brilliant!
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline medusa

• View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 24, 2011, 12:41:43 pm »
Loved loved loved "love my way" so awesome.
Medusa, in Oz