Author Topic: Is this noise a worry????? Please listen to Youtube link  (Read 10747 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Is this noise a worry????? Please listen to Youtube link
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2012, 03:43:46 am »
I've tested it out some more today and it did NOT do it with 250G of straight ice, but it DID do the same noise with 250G of frozen banana + coconut ice blocks + pecans (was making icecream). Is generally doing it with nut butters all the time now. Doesn't do it when I just turn it up to 9-10 with nothing in it. Doesn't do it when juicing either.

Selena Rose makes a good point there sals77.  With what you were grinding with the frozen banana, frozen coconut blocks and pecans, try adding 1/2 MC of liquid (lemon juice or water) slowly to the bowl and you should hear the sound change.  We get used to different noises with our machines and you should notice a difference when you add a little bit of liquid.  Stop adding it when the noise changes to something more acceptable, it may not need the whole 1/2 MC.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline sals77

• View Profile
Re: Is this noise a worry????? Please listen to Youtube link
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2012, 02:35:27 am »
I think you're right Selena as it only happened when I started doing slightly less in my nut butters.
It doesn't do it when there is nothing at all in the bowl though. When I peered in when it was doing it with hummus this morning, again a smaller quantity, I wondered this myself. It's almost as if the edge of the blade hits the food which is up against the side occasionally and gives this intermittent screeching.