Author Topic: 120 biscuits for less than $5 (need help to convert into TM31 too)  (Read 6196 times)

Offline Strawberries

• View Profile
really yummy egg free biscuit recipe from
http://www.stayathomemum.net.au/recipes/biscuits-clices/120-biscuits-for-less-than-5/

Could you please help me convert this recipe? I haven't converted any recipes before.

I've tweaked it to include 1C of almond meal instead of 1 of the cups of flour and it was yummy. would i grind the almonds first then set aside (i used pre done stuff before)? i also love to add heaps of choc chips (200g!)

500g butter or margarine
1 tin condensed milk
1 cup sugar
5 cups self-raising flour

Cream sugar and butter. Add condensed milk and flour. Roll into teaspoon sized balls and press down with a fork. Place on greased trays and bake in moderate oven until golden brown (approximately 10-15 minutes).

(i prefer to roll the dough onto a floured board and use cookie cutters.)

THANKS!!
Amy

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
Re: 120 biscuits for less than $5 (need help to convert into TM31 too)
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 10:25:16 am »
Hi Amy

Try it something like this ...

cream butter and sugar on speed 3 for 1 - 2 minutes then add rest of ingredients and mix on speed 3-4 (perhaps 30 seconds) depending on the mixture, you may need to use your spatular. Alternatively you could use your  :: function for about 30 seconds.

Let us know how you go.

If you want to use almond meal, then yes grind the almonds first and set aside. If you want to add chic chips, then add with the flour etc but use the  :-: for mixing so you keep your chips whole

Hope this helps  :D
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Strawberries

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 11:10:32 am »
yummy, guess what i'm doing tomorrow?

Thanks for your help,
Amy :)

Offline Judydg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 12:07:41 pm »
Do you think that quantity would fit in the TM? By my calcs it is about 9 cups which is more than 2 litres. Might need to split in two?

Offline Deeau

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 12:37:10 am »
That was my standard cookie recipe before TM, yep its too much for the bowl I now have to make it in two halves you need to poke it down with the spatular....it is about the only thing I could do in my Kenwood chef that I can't do in the TM, not a big deal just takes a bit longer. Oh except Meringue...got that pefect first time I did it, failure ever since ?  ???

Offline Strawberries

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 04:53:13 am »
I'm glad i read the replies regarding capacity. i didn't even think about that. 2 lots its is... or another recipe to use half a tin of condensed milk!

thank you all...
Amy