Author Topic: TM arrives today!  (Read 10759 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: TM arrives today!
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2013, 06:15:19 am »
Keeki it all sounds very exciting. I'm glad you have an excuse to cook at the moment.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline keeki

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2013, 10:44:13 pm »
Well I made am amazing dinner for my daughter and hubby. Beef Rendang and Red Chicken curry! It was so authentic although a tad  hot but we like it like that. The beef was a bit undercooked I felt but I think the pieces were too big so I will cut them smaller next time. The chicken was perfect and I had made and frozen my paste previously. So easy and not many dishes, my hubby loved it.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2013, 05:39:03 am »
Exciting news.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Augusta

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2013, 02:47:49 am »
Welcome to he forum Keeki, I have one DD and two DDI who also have thermys and we are always comparing recipes, taking and sending photos to each other, it's something we can all do together as a family and it's great. Good luck, I'm sure you are going to thoroughly enjoy this experience and the forum is a great place to visit for all sorts of things, I'm always looking at.

Offline keeki

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2013, 09:17:47 pm »
Thanks Augusta, well I used the Varoma for the first time and made Coconut sweet potato with chicken and Asian greens.  I thought the chicken had dried out but it tasted fine. I probably cut it a bit small this time. I used tamari instead of soy sauce also, and didn't put coriander I as hubby doesn't like it.
Wow, what a meal, we also had bread and butter that I had also made. To top it off we had chocolate nut icecream. I used frozen coconut milk, bananas, cacao, agave and a handful of brazil nuts and blended it at full speed. Then put back in freezer, it was amazing! I felt quite chuffed that it was all homemade and my hubby couldn't stop raving about it.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2013, 12:53:06 am »
Did you use breast meat keeki?  Thighs cook up more moist but a lot of people don't like having to spend the time defatting them.  You learn from each experience and will get it right in no time.  Nice to hear DH is impressed with your cooking.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline keeki

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2013, 09:23:17 pm »
I did use chicken breast but do prefer thighs for that reason JudyDawn. I will persevere , but the chicken was still fine just not to my liking.