Author Topic: Thermomix goodies to cook at playgroup  (Read 3685 times)

Offline paperfreak

• View Profile
Thermomix goodies to cook at playgroup
« on: March 07, 2012, 05:59:09 am »
So my playgroup mums all want me to bring my thermomix in next week, when it is my turn to provide the food and they want me to cook up some goodies while I am there, aka a mini demo.

Ahhh what to make?

I am thinking jaffa custard, dip, playdough, maybe a sorbet.. what else?
Nothing that takes too long, or needs baking or setting.

Also maybe I can take in a few mini plastic containers and making some jam with agar agar that they can take home as a souvenir, or some milo to take home!

What recipes best show off the features of a thermie?

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Thermomix goodies to cook at playgroup
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 08:19:42 am »
I'd do custard and maybe a dip. Then take along a cake you have made in it for morning tea. Maybe some playdough you have made at home so all the kidlets can have some. Don't plan on doing too much or you will not have fun and the children will get bored.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline ElleG

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 08:57:24 am »
I think what you have suggested sounds good. I think I would make the play dough first to keep the kids happy and go from there.

The menu you have picked shows off lots of the feature of the thermomix.  I like the idea of a cake made at home as well. If it is cold a soup would  be very nice to finish on. If the other mothers have not seen the thermomix in action they willl be amazed.

Are you a consultant or planning to be one? I have 'sold' about 6 thermomixs with a few others waiting and saving for them. Its a great machine to show off  ;D

Offline paperfreak

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 09:38:37 am »
Nope not a consultant... I think my playgroup mums are just sick of hearing about it, so they wanted their own little demo. Will pass them all onto my consultant if they decide to buy... which they all tell me that they will, when they convince the husbands!

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 11:56:12 am »
Definitely custard (any kind), prebaked cake/cupcakes/muffins, several dips, and if the weather is warm, maybe a cold soup ie gazpacho or the red lentil soup from the EDC if it is cold weather- maybe along with the easy breadrolls recipe ( obviously also prebaked). The play dough with different food colours would also be a hit. If you have warm weather a sorbet will always impress, basically because it is so quick, easy and tastes brilliant. Otherwise, do a mushroom risotto or some other kind of risotto as the results are always perfect without having to lift a finger!
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"
Albert Einstein

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 01:49:29 pm »
Will pass them all onto my consultant if they decide to buy... which they all tell me that they will, when they convince the husbands!

Thanks M  :-* and good luck with your show and tell at Playgroup :)  the milo may be an issue with nuts in your Playgroup (not sure of the rules) but the jam is a great idea :)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 01:56:42 pm by Meagan »
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

mcmich

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 08:33:05 pm »
A lemonade or some other drink would be fast and something for the parents and children to sip
on while they watch the rest of the mini demo. Good luck with it all.

Offline paperfreak

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 12:51:35 pm »
Oh yes, a lemonade is a good idea too. Forgot about that one.
They are going to one spoilt bunch!