Author Topic: Crazy couple of weeks  (Read 4281 times)

Offline wombleydoo

• View Profile
Crazy couple of weeks
« on: April 20, 2009, 07:40:35 am »
I don't think I've cooked a meal for over a week!! Oh, I did bacon and eggs on Thurs morning while we were camping, but he had dinner out while camping. I cooked on Mon night last week.

The week before easter I aggravated an old shoulder injury while painting a room in our house. That put me behind everything I had to do, since I was doing most stuff one handed. Had a busy easter weekend with dh working. The older 3 kids went north to central QLD with my parents for a few days, then my dh and youngest and I went up to camp with the kids for 5 days.

On the 2nd day of camping, found out that dh's nana died in NZ. His mum was unable to go to the funeral and dh really wanted to go, so Wed saw me finding tix on the internet and Thurs we packed up and drove home to Brisbane (9 hours). Fri arvo we left the kids with my brother and sil and dh and I flew to Auckland. We had a great time with family over there. Nana wa 91, so it was a celebration of her life. We came home Sun night. I don't know if I've ever travelled so much in 1 week. 18 hours of driving, flights to NZ and back, driving to the town where nana lived and back.

Looking forward to the kids going back to school tomorrow, except I have playgroup, so I need to be organised for that. I want to stay home and organise my life, get back into routine etc.

Off to peruse some recipes to make something quick and easy for dinner tonight. I feel like macaroni cheese, but none of the kids like it!!
Cathy
Living the QLD life with DH and 4 kids.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: Crazy couple of weeks
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 09:00:30 am »
Sorry to hear all the bad news -your health and family death.  But hopefully things will slowly return to normal.

BTW - kids not liking macaroni cheese - that can't be true!!   :o :o :o :o

You're not using Roquefort or Stilton?   ;) ;) ;D

Keep well.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Master Moderator

• Thermomix Recipes
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Thermomix
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 10:12:55 am »
Very sorry to have heard about your hectic 2 weeks and also the death of a family member. Hope things settle down quickly. Hope this forum helps you smile :-)

Have a great day

MM

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 11:20:30 am »
welcome back cathy :)
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline Rowyfo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 11:45:00 am »
Welcome back and let's hope you can get your routine back soon... what a fortnight you have had!
Row

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 03:49:06 am »
Phew, you have had a very hectic time. It can be distressing when life suddenly goes at such a pace, it makes you long for the routine you have. Sorry about your DH's Nana. Glad to hear it was a celebration of her life. Hope the shoulder is coming good. Thank goodness you can do the TMX one armed!
Take care.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/