Author Topic: Zumo integral de zanahoria (Whole carrot juice) - with photo  (Read 5963 times)

Offline JuliaBalbilla

• View Profile
Zumo integral de zanahoria (Whole carrot juice) - with photo
« on: December 14, 2011, 01:15:53 pm »
Name of Recipe:  Zumo integral de zanahoria (Whole carrot juice)

Serves:  6

Ingredients:
350g carrots, peeled
1 lemon, peeled, pith and seeds removed
60g sugar (original states 100g, but that makes it far too sweet)
500g water (approx)
6 or 8 ice cubes

Preparation:
Chop the carrots 5 seconds / Speed 5.
Add the lemon, sugar, water and ice cubes and set for 3 minutes / Speed 10.
If it is not smooth enough for you, repeat the operation for a little longer.
Add the basket to the bowl to strain it, hold it down with the spatula and pour into a jug filled with ice.
If it is well blended, there is no need to strain it.

Tips/Hints:  I did not pour mine over a jug of ice, which would have made it less sweet.  I found that it didn't need straining after a deafening 3 minutes at speed 10!

Origin:  This is a translation of a recipe in Thermomix TM31 Imprescindible para tu cocina, which is the book you receive when buying a Thermomix in Spain.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 11:44:26 am by JuliaBalbilla »
Rosemary from Bournemouth formerly Gloucestershire

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
Re: Zumo integral de zanahoria (Whole carrot juice) - with photo
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 11:09:08 am »
Thanks for the recipe.  I've been making fruit and vegetable juices using ice,fruit,veg and process at 10 for 2 mins, then add water and do 1 more minute at 10.  It has produced juices that truly made juicing in the tmx worthwhile.  I  tried your way instead this time as it cuts a step out.

Instead of lemon I used juice of 2 oranges and just 1 tbsp sugar.  I should have added a bit more sugar, and the texture wasn't quite as smooth as I'vebecome used to, more like the juices I used to make  - although I may have not used quite enough ice as I was short,

I think I'll stick to my usual method, but it was great to try another way of doing things, thanks.
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline JuliaBalbilla

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 09:10:49 am »
Glad you tried this Caroline.  I will certainly try this with oranges and then adding the water for the last minute.  If you are processing the fruit veg and ice though for 2 minutes, so you have to keep scraping down the side of the bowl, or do you just use tons of ice cubes?

JB

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 11:15:50 am »
I use a good handful of ice, I've never counted or measured - sorry.  I'm sure that I SHOULD scrape the sides down, but I'm afraid that I don't :-). If I remember I'll look out the original recipe which I used which gave me the method - it was in the last UK newsletter.  That will say how it should be done if you aren't a bit lazy :-)
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline JuliaBalbilla

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 12:31:49 pm »
If it was in the UK newsletter, I thought I would have it but it seems that I have deleted it :-(  Just have Jan and Nov, but not Dec (assuming that was the one you mean).

JB

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 02:57:53 pm »
Pm me your email and I'll send it to you if you'd like.