Author Topic: banned from forum?!  (Read 14857 times)

Offline debetha

• View Profile
banned from forum?!
« on: November 05, 2011, 08:46:54 pm »
my laptop tells me I am banned from this forum?! although it is fine on my ipad, and haven't done anything to warrant a ban! can't log in or re- register on the laptop. it is fine on the ipad though
any ideas? maybe a problem with cookies or something? it is my homepage and was previously fine. the only thing I can think of is maybe my son did somethig when using my computer?
TIA
deb
deb

loving my tmx!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: banned from forum?!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 09:21:40 pm »
I have reported your problem to MM Deb - it seems a bit strange that the iPad is allowing you access but not your computer so I don't know if MM can do anything to help you.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline debetha

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 09:43:08 pm »
thnx jd - couldnt find how to contact mm directly. is a bit odd as I try to be a good forum member, although can't come close to the high benchmark you set jd  :)
just can't quite work out why the message would have appeared in the first place though   ??? like surfing on the laptop for recipes but the ipad for access while cooking and browsing new topics whilst feeding dd!
deb

loving my tmx!

Offline debetha

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 10:34:52 pm »
All sorted! Deleted the cookies for this website, and now I am back in. Although still pondering why the banned message appeared at all. Most odd
Thanks again jd
deb
deb

loving my tmx!

Online cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 06:58:44 am »
debethe that must have been awful. I just had to log in as our major computer has just undergone a face lift and I couldn't remember my password. I paniced at that. I'm glad it has worked out.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 08:22:00 am »
write it down cookie...i have so many passwords and often they are auto sign ins and that has happened to me where I actually need to sign in and for the life of me cant remember what the correct password is..so now i have a list that i keep hidden lol (but not too hidden  ;D)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline debetha

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 08:32:28 am »
Cookie & Frozzle, I have an iphone app that I can put important passwords in - esp as work makes me change my password every 3 months, and this happens at more than 1 location! think it is called 1pass or something. Having said that I don't store all passwords in there.
Would you believe I was "banned" again and had to delete the cookies for this forum again.
Anyone got any ideas? Might have to change my homepage to something else. Was facebook but I kept typing in things for google searches and having them turn up as status updates or messages to multiple friends  :-[ (mostly thermomix recipe searches lol!).
deb

loving my tmx!

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2011, 08:40:35 am »
no idea why that is happening but im sure MM will get back to you once he has a minute but i wouldnt put the forum as the home page..maybe just a shortcut on your desktop, ipad etc..my homepage is always a search engine so either google or yahoo and i just type in the web address for the forum each time but im auto logged in and i find that easy enough... i never store passwords electronically..makes it too easy for somebody to find them and we often have to change passwords especially for bankings etc and i just block out and write the new one...easy enough
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline debetha

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2011, 08:43:07 am »
Thanks frozzie
My banking ones etc are never written down. Or stored. Only the ones I want some security for. Password protected of course :-)
deb

loving my tmx!

Online cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2011, 05:52:42 am »
I have the forum as a favourite debethe.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Master Moderator

• Thermomix Recipes
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Thermomix
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2011, 08:05:03 am »
How scary. Glad it all worked out. Phew!   If this happens again, then please get back to me.

MM :)

Offline debetha

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2011, 12:06:21 pm »
thanks MM. not scary just odd and a bit annoying.
cheers
deb
deb

loving my tmx!

Offline auds

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2011, 12:43:29 am »
I have a similar problem with my Acer tablet I just bought.  I can log in no problem with my laptop but with the tablet when I click on the login button it lights up orange but doesnt do anything else.  Very strange and annoying as I am trying to get used to the tablet - I bought it solely to use on my kitchen benchtop for recipes etc  ;D

Offline Mangetout

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2011, 08:51:16 am »
I've been banned too. I use my laptop downstairs and have been banned when trying to log on using Internet Explorer, but I can get on using my main computer upstairs using IE. Tried deleting the cookies but it hasn't worked for me, so I'm now logged on using Firefox. I would love to solve the problem if anyone has any ideas.
Kate ... Oxfordshire UK

Offline debetha

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2011, 10:09:29 am »
bizarre!
would have replied sooner but was banned again!  :-))
deb

loving my tmx!