Author Topic: I am awaiting delivery of my TM, but have to wait until Monday. Help!  (Read 13595 times)

Offline JuliaBalbilla

• View Profile
Hi, I live in Gloucestershire (UK) and my TM will arrive on Monday.  As I ordered one too late in the week, I will be stressed for the whole weekend.  I cannot wait to get hold of my beauty.  Has anyone else been in this situation where 'non-working days' get in the way?   Would love to know how I can cope with over the weekend !!!!!!!!!!
Rosemary from Bournemouth formerly Gloucestershire

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: I am awaiting delivery of my TM, but have to wait until Monday. Help!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 09:07:42 pm »
Does it help to think that the weekend adds to the allure of the TMX? - you can substitute any of my words for any others that are suitable.  Use the time to get your recipes and ingredients ready and plan your first couple of meals then you can get straight into the cooking when your TMX arrives.  Enjoy.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 10:00:35 pm »
Hi and welcome.

have a great read through here, buy up the basics, and get ready to cook up a storm when you get your Thermomix.

lots of excitement waiting, but worth it.

Robyn
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Katya

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 10:30:38 pm »
Welcome from another UK user.   I know how frustrating it must be to have to wait over the weekend but, as others have said, just spend the time reading up on things and planning your first week of cooking.   You may well find you have to go out and stock up on a few things so the weekend will fly by.

Enjoy your first days with the machine and let us know how you get on.   Don't forget this is a great place to come and ask any questions, however trivial you feel they are.  Everyone on here is really helpful

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 11:44:38 pm »
Hi Julia, welcome to the forum.  Do as the others have said, have a read of the recipes on here, choose which ones you are going to do first and go shopping.  I'd tidy the pantry and get the house clean too because you are not going to have time to do that once the TMX arrives - you will only want to be in the kitchen.  Check out the recipes here on CP's favourite list - she has some great recipes there.  Let us know how you are going next week when you've done a few meals but pop in anytime and ask questions, tell us some stories and once you've mastered your machine and started converting your own favourite recipes, share them with us. You are in for the ride of your life  ;)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 12:32:47 am »
OK Julia,  how about bread and soup for your first meal in Thermi?  No Fuss Bread, to get ready , place 500 grams of bread flour in a container and add a handful of seeds, ( for interest). Place next to it a measuring container for 300g.  Place with these a teaspoon and either a baking tray or container suitable to cook a loaf of bread in.Some baking paper to line tin or Canola spray.  A spray bottle for water. Yeast.  Look up the recipe and print it out.
Use the Forum to find a delicious soup recipe.  Collect all the ingredients.
Make the bread and while it is baking,  make the soup.  ENJOY

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2011, 01:12:39 am »
Chookie, that is so organised - what a brilliant introduction to the TMX.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Coops

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2011, 01:13:45 am »
I remember I could hardly wait till mine arrived either! You will just have to keep yourself super busy so your weekend goes fast!  :-*

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2011, 01:17:33 am »
Chookie, that is so organised - what a brilliant introduction to the TMX.
  I agree Marina - it just proves how easy making a loaf of bread really is doesn't it.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2011, 07:12:34 am »
Welcome to the forum. Chookie has outlined some cooking for you. My hint is to catch up with all the housework, washing and ironing as when your TMX arrives you will have no time to do them. ;)
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2011, 07:59:58 am »
Welcome to the forum JuliaBalbilla  :)

i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline JuliaBalbilla

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2011, 09:26:36 am »
Thank you all for your welcome and advice.  I have started a mini spring clean already and will certainly think about what I am going to make.  Probably will be bread and soup as advised.  I make most of my bread anyway so it will be a new experience to make it in the TM and I have just realised that it peels garlic, which is godsend as I eat tons of the stuff. 

Thanks again for your help and i will certainly share my recipes with you!

JB

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2011, 12:20:57 pm »
Hi and welcome to the forum Julia from another UK forum member.Great idea from Chookie to start with making Soup and Bread in your new TM,I make the No Fuss Bread regularly and have success every time  :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline JuliaBalbilla

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2011, 05:59:42 pm »
Thank you Cornish Cream - nice to know that there is someone in the UK using a TM.  I know that they are gaining popularity here but no-one I know has ever even heard of them.  In fact I only discovered their existence myself by surfing Spanish cookery websites back in 2009 and have wanted one ever since.

JB

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2011, 06:52:03 pm »
Thank you Cornish Cream - nice to know that there is someone in the UK using a TM.  I know that they are gaining popularity here but no-one I know has ever even heard of them.  In fact I only discovered their existence myself by surfing Spanish cookery websites back in 2009 and have wanted one ever since.

JB
There is no one in my neighbourhood who owns one.A friend bought one but she hardly uses it even though I have encouraged her with recipes and cooking with her. I originally saw the TM21 demonstrated years ago when I attended a demo,fell in love with it there and then :D :D DH bought mine (by then the TM31 model was on the market)as a surprise birthday present and I absolutely love it.  ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.