Author Topic: Freezer Meals  (Read 33423 times)

Offline BellaBear

• View Profile
Re: Freezer Meals
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2010, 12:54:03 pm »
I know this is a very old thread but I'm hoping for some advice on some good freezer meals - especially for a meat-loving man.  I am trying to stock the freezer of a friend who has recently lost his wife.  He can't really cook so I'm really wanting things that he can pretty much just heat and eat.

He loves a good curry.  I have the Indian cookbook but I'm not sure which if any would freeze successfully.

So far I've made lasagne and bolognese and I was thinking of the beef strog.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2010, 02:52:26 am »
Bella, I don't know if I am much help but I put just about all meat type dishes into the freezer. As long as they are eaten with 3 months or so I don't have any trouble. Sometimes potato goes mushy but I just stir it in. It's usually leftovers from our meals.
Judy may be able to help you more.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2010, 04:18:48 am »
BB, this week I have lived completely out of the freezer using leftovers. We have had Thai Fusion Chicken Pataya - Indian cookbook,  curried mince from the forum and also in the meat cook book, meat pies from the meat cookbook, spaghetti bolognaise.  I also found a red wine sauce from a lamb dish so added some steamed vegies to it and served it over pasta.
Tonight is DH's birthday tea so I have thawed some chicken, spinach & feta filo parcels to cook (I will wait to see what they are like before posting that recipe. I prepared and froze them uncooked a while back).  I also had some creamy chicken cacciatore sauce from the forum in the freezer so have just cooked up some chicken tenderloins to add to that along with 1/2 can diced tomatoes also from the freezer with some rice (also from the freezer).  This has given me a head start for tonight's party food menu and apart from cooking some more rice to go with another dish, I am all done and dusted.  Will post my menu in what are you cooking today.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Carrie

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2010, 01:56:28 am »
Made blueberry waffles that can be grabbed, stuck in the toaster, and eaten as a quick breakfast or snack.  I'll get around to posting the recipe.

Hi Caroline, I know this is an old post but I wondering if you posted this recipe? I did a search but no luck. It sounds perfect for winter mornings, my 3yo will love them.
Mama at home with my 4yo additive sensitive son, feeding family of 3 and a furbaby easily with my Thermie.

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2010, 10:55:44 pm »
Unfortunately, I can't remember what the recipe was  :(  However, I have the following recipe which Janie Turner of UK Thermomix very kindly sent to me:

200g plain wholegrain brown flour
200g plain white flour
1 tbsp baking powder (which seems an awful lot - could that be a typo for tsp?)
half tsp salt
20g raw cane sugar (optional)
2 eggs
600g milk
70g butter or vegetable oil

Mix 40 seconds / speed 8

Serve plain or with butter, lemon juice and sugar, jam, golden syrup, maple syrup, blueberry sauce, fresh fruit, whipped cream, chopped ham & grated cheese, etc.

I know I just used a standard recipe and threw some blueberries in - they turned out very well.
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline Carrie

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2010, 09:33:59 am »
Thanks Caroline, will try it out. :)
Mama at home with my 4yo additive sensitive son, feeding family of 3 and a furbaby easily with my Thermie.

Offline salval

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2011, 12:46:17 pm »
I am so happy to find this old thread! I'm going through a bit of a phase where I'd love to have meals already made for quick dinners, but am always so unsure of what will freeze & what won't.

Currently, I have meatballs, bolognaise sauce, tartlet casings, chicken nuggets, pizza dough, cookie dough, chicken & vege soup, croissant dough & chicken schnitzels, but want more "whole meals", so this thread is going to help a lot.

Thanks as always everyone for making my life so much easier,
Karen

Mum of 3 (2 x 2-legged & 1 x 4-legged)
TMX Consultant in Newport, Melbourne

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2014, 04:29:05 am »
Bumping  :)