Author Topic: Chicken with Normandy Sauce & a Potato Mash with lemon zest and chives  (Read 23974 times)

Offline Nik2WIN

• View Profile
Re: Chicken with Normandy Sauce & a Potato Mash with lemon zest and chives
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2011, 06:14:25 pm »
I cooked this tonight and thought it was absolutely delicious.  DS1 & DS3 loved it (DS3 is not yet 3 yrs old and yet he still helped me make it ;D)  It took me around 40 minutes from start to finish to make so perfect for a midweek meal and yet tasted gourmet enough for a dinner party.

DS2 refused to try it - he might change his mind later when he's REALLY hungry

Definitely a make again

Many, many thanks

Nik
Hampshire based independent Thermomix demonstrator.
Thermomix user since October 2010

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2011, 06:56:29 pm »
glad you liked it..at least two of your kids tried it..my kids are very fussy and even when I cook them yummy food, my DS tells me he prefers the food at the canteen (very basic 'hot meal' school food lol) major insult!! or that he doesnt really like it that much (he is very opinionated (i know ive spelt that wrong but you get what im saying)...kids have no idea what good food is!

If its for a dinner party I just 'form' the mash in a ring or whatever gadget you have and slice the chicken or not and place it on one side with sauce...guess presentation would depend on who your guests are lol!

Thanks for the feedback....more conversions on their way!  :) :)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2011, 08:25:19 pm »
I just noticed this has been moved and even though it could be an all in one meal if with rice or just veg, I dont consider it an all in one as the mash has to be prepared seperately either before in the thermomix or on the stove??

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2011, 11:23:48 pm »
Frozzie, can't the potato or rice be cooked at the same time in the steaming basket? 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2011, 11:35:50 pm »
rice maybe and i guess the potato could be cooked differently ie in cubes in the basket..i cook mash in the milk with the butterfly so i guess you would have to steam it in pieces then mash it by hand adding milk or cream and butter etc...everything is possible I just dont consider it an all in one..not my idea of it anyway as I consider an all in one as all in and cook and at the end you have a meal??

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2011, 11:49:31 pm »
I always cook cubes of potato in the steam basket Frozzie so that's what I would do.  Having a second bowl would make it easy to mash it too if you didn't want to do it by hand so yes, I would consider it an all-in-one meal.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2011, 07:11:22 am »
I don't know about others but I regard this as an all-in-one.  Often you need to thicken a sauce or mash the potatoes after the cooking time. :)

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2011, 08:23:05 am »
Its probably just me trying to complicate things lol...then again jd I consider your curry mince beef an all in one and I always cook rice or mash on the side so...just ignore me!!  :P

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2011, 10:39:22 am »
It was on the list of recommended all in one meals from someone, Frozzie, which is why it was moved.  I'm actually making this for dinner tonight and just spotted as I was reading through it that it wasn't strictly all in one - but thought I'd give it a whirl as an all in one to see how it goes.  I'll let you know.

It looks delicious - whether it's all in one or not!  ;D
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2011, 06:23:45 pm »
no problem caroline..i just didnt consider it an all in one but would be interested to see how it goes as an all in one...i find though that the rice and or potato take alot longer to cook so would be a pain considering you have the sauce in the bottom..but would be good to know how it turned out!

Offline Nik2WIN

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2011, 08:08:56 am »
I wouldn't consider it an all in one as you have to cook veggies on the side.  For me an all in one is exactly that and has all the veggies/rice/potatoes etc that you'd need.

But perhaps I'm being too literal  ;D

Nik
Hampshire based independent Thermomix demonstrator.
Thermomix user since October 2010

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2011, 04:47:58 pm »
When I came to do this I discovered that DH had used the last of the mushrooms and the brandy!  oh well.  I have him replacing them for me today  ;D

As soon as I've done it I'll give you feedback as to whether it works as an all-in-one or not.  If not, I'll move it back - but will still be grateful no doubt to whoever recommended it be added to this category as I wouldn't have discovered it otherwise!
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2011, 06:11:21 pm »
Hi Frozzie,
just to let you know that it's cooking at the moment!  I have the vegetables steaming on the top tray above the chicken, but decided that the potatoes wouldn't naturally go in to cook at the same time.  It could be adapted, but why?  It's a wonderful recipe, and doesn't have to be forced to be all-in-one.

I can completely see why it was put forward for this board, but agree with you that it doesn't quite fit here.  I'll move it back to the Main Meal board in a minute.  But I will copy a note to the all-in-one board to let people know about it, because it's still a quick and easy, tasty meal which is almost all in one  ;D

Thanks for sharing - and for bringing to my attention that it isn't a classic all-in-one meal.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2011, 09:08:34 pm »
no problem..thanks for the feedback caroline and most importantly did you enjoy it?  :)

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2011, 09:52:47 pm »
We did, thank you  :)