Author Topic: Lime cheesecake  (Read 6673 times)

Offline consumerate

• View Profile
Lime cheesecake
« on: October 08, 2012, 10:19:26 am »
Lime cheesecake:
Number of People:8
Ingredients:
370g digestive biscuits (400g box minus 2 biscuits)
160g butter

4 limes - zest and juice (I use a very fine micro plane to lightly zest the limes)
110g white sugar
500g full fat* cream cheese (room temperature if possible and broken into large chunks)
300ml double cream

Preparation:
Line a 20cm springform tin with baking paper.

Blitz digestives on speed 8 for about 5 seconds until they turn into crumbs and set aside.

Melt butter and 60c on speed 4 for about 2 minutes (until it is fully melted).

Add biscuit crumbs back to the tmx bowl and mix on speed 4 for a few seconds, stir then mix again so the butter is fully combined with the biscuit crumbs.

Empty the biscuit and butter mix into the lined springform tin and press across the base and up the sides to form a crust. Put it in the fridge while you prepare the filling.

Thoroughly clean and dry the tmx bowl.

Put sugar and lime zest in the bowl and blitz on speed 8 for 1 minute.

Add cream cheese and lime juice to the lime zest and sugar mixture and process on speed 5 for 30 seconds, scrape down and process for another 30 seconds or until fairly smooth.

Add cream to the cream cheese mixture and process on speed 5 for 15 seconds, scrape down and process for another 15 seconds or until smooth.

Pour filling into the base and set in the fridge overnight (or for at least 6 hours).

Tips/Hints:
*Full fat cream cheese is highly recommended here as it sets firmer than the lower fat varieties.

This cheesecake filling is firm enough to hold its own shape when cold but it isn't super firm. If you want a really firm mix reduce the amount of cream or freeze it for an hour or so before serving. The quantities are as they are so that it uses full packets of cream cheese, cream and biscuits (with 2 leftover to go with a cup of tea).

I use the gippsland double cream which is very firm. If you're using a more liquid cream maybe you would need to add less, or add more cream cheese.

Having said all that, it's a fairly forgiving recipe.

I think it would also work nicely with a chocolate biscuit base rather than digestives. You can also swap some of the lime for lemon.

Members' comments
Obbie - Its lovely, I added passion fruit too.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 08:08:16 am by judydawn »

Offline consumerate

• View Profile
Re: Lime cheesecake
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 12:31:30 pm »
Have just been discussing the idea of churning the filling in an ice cream machine and then sandwiching it between two chocolate ripple biscuits. If I try this I will post about whether it is a success.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 08:33:54 am »
Sounds a good iead, be interested to hear how it goes when/if you try it.  :)
:D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 03:44:10 am »
Yummy, I have lime juice, and lemon juice, so will make this.. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 04:51:03 am »
making this now. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

[/url

Offline jmc296

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 02:17:39 pm »
Looks delicious, thanks.

J

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 04:03:21 am »
Yes, Its lovely, I added passion fruit too.

[/url