Author Topic: Anything goes for Uni  (Read 7860813 times)

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: Anything goes for Uni
« Reply #37245 on: May 29, 2019, 07:10:42 am »
... clutch burnt out on the car on the way home last night!  Someone "up there" has really got it in for us just now, but I am sure nothing else can possibly go wrong ... can it?
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37246 on: May 29, 2019, 10:12:08 am »
Oh gosh Chookie that is extremely cold. Margaret that sort of weather has me turning to the port.  Even with the diabetes I will still have a glass or two.
Marina, what can I say. Poor you.  I hope you can get everything sorted quickly.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37247 on: May 29, 2019, 10:26:12 am »
Yes it does seem to be your turn for a run of bad luck Marina, hang in there as I’m sure the tide will turn soon.
Really cold day today, so nice to be able to rug up in one of my many coats.  Spent a few hours shopping in Costco today, a nice leisurely shop tasting everything they had on offer and finding things that I somehow really needed. Best Buy was Frenched lamb cutlets (they even had full sized cutlets for tasting). I bought 2 bulk packs totalling 2.25 kg and they gave me $56 off the total price.  DD will be pleasantly surprised when she comes to paint again tomorrow and goes home with 1 pack.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #37248 on: May 29, 2019, 02:02:04 pm »
Marina, you poor thing.  Must be time for a turn around and some good luck. it is 11 pm and it is -2.  We had snow today for a couple of hours.   It was 1 1/2 degrees for most of the day. 

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #37249 on: May 29, 2019, 02:36:19 pm »
Marina sending some good vibes your way.
Freezing here today snow on the mountains this afternoon .

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37250 on: May 29, 2019, 07:43:14 pm »
Rain here today and feeling cold.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #37251 on: May 29, 2019, 10:27:05 pm »
Ballarat made the News yesterday.  It was cold with snow flurries. It was lovely to watch.  Unfortunately we had to go out twice. The only good thing was that the car has seat warmers.
Today I am going to a Long Morning Tea event.
Dinner at DD ‘s.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #37252 on: May 30, 2019, 12:15:47 am »
A car with seat warmers ... what luxury. 

We were told the garage would not be able to do the work on our car until next week, but they rang late yesterday with the good news that it would be ready on Friday, and the bad news that it was going to cost $1,800!!  Ah well, it is no use if it hasn't got a clutch and at least we will have it back by the weekend.

I had heard that it had snowed around your way yesterday, Chookie (and Katie too, I expect, although I don't know where you live, but I assume somewhere in the higher areas of Victoria), also in Daylesford and Trentham.  None in Guildford, but very cold (my neighbour rang yesterday to say that there a small deer in our carport so I imagine it was hiding from the cold!).

Somehow I think I will be making pots and pots of soup over the weekend if ithe cold keeps up for the next week or so.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #37253 on: May 30, 2019, 12:25:19 am »
Ouch Marina that's expensive,  but as you say no clutch no car, and we do need out cars these days.

We had very heavy rain all night, still very cold and the wind has eased off a bit.  Another day in the kitchen I think.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #37254 on: May 30, 2019, 02:01:11 am »
Oouch Marina, that clutch is expensive, but glad the car was fixed for you.

All good here, DH got clearance for light duties 2 weeks ago, so he has been back at work. Back on tools July. :)

Question: (sorry not thermie related)  Had a couple in a few weeks ago, looked at a pump, ( our cheapest / smallest model). He bought one from us 10 years ago, nothing since.
I had met his wife a few times, not him, and they are not friends at all. He starts telling me tall stories about being my DH best friend, and what discount does he get off, and I have to ring DH to ask for lowest price. Asks why my DH is not here, well If he was a friend, he would have known DH has had 10 months off since surgery.  Continues on about being best friends, does not know I am DW, or my name. It was like I did not matter, and I just worked here.  They are 20 years older than us aswell....price was only $400

what would you say.. Thanks.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37255 on: May 30, 2019, 09:05:06 am »
Interesting Robyn. Some people will try anything and even worse will not deal with a woman. A few years ago we had the equipment to put down shallow water bores. We lent it at no charge. One ‘friend’ would only ever speak to DH. I eventually told him that it was mine and he had to deal with me!
Did your DH know these people?
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #37256 on: May 30, 2019, 10:50:06 pm »
Marina, expensive but can’t do without our cars.
Obbie, very annoying.  Some people will try and take advantage of you, especially if you are a woman.  Don’t stand for it. 
Not as cold today.  Good day for cooking.  Biscuit tin empty.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #37257 on: May 31, 2019, 12:04:03 am »
Cookie, no not really, they are aquantices of another freind. Just frustrating thats all.  :)
Well we have extra kids this weekend again, and another family with kids have moved in up the road, so more reasons to bake.. Yay.... :D
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #37258 on: May 31, 2019, 12:20:43 am »
Obbie, in our shop we are strictly fixed price and we do not vary from that - with one exception, we give a 10% discount on strings only as that is the norm around here and we can carry the small loss.  Most of our customers know our policy and respect / accept it.  It is difficult if you have been known to freely offer discounts in the past, that makes it very awkward.  My feeling is that these "friends" would be no loss to you and DH if you didn't see them again, although it is hard to see business going elsewhere, especially these days and a dis-satisfied customer can spread their feelings far and wide, especially with the access to social media, negative comments are listened to more avidly than positive ones.  Altogether, a sitcky situation for you.  Hope you have managed to work your way around to an acceptable conclusion.

Good to hear the positive news about your DH.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #37259 on: May 31, 2019, 02:25:28 am »
I hate it when you you into a store (not supermarket) where the men ignore you and only talk to your DH.  Some years ago DH and I went to buy a new gas stove, the salesman completely ignored me until I told him very strongly that I would be do the cooking and knew what I wanted.  He sat up then and took notice.  Then a few months later we decided to get a new gas HWS and he couldn't have been more attentive if he tried. 
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.