Author Topic: HI FROM WHITE PLAINS  (Read 5425 times)

Offline joeneke

• View Profile
HI FROM WHITE PLAINS
« on: July 23, 2009, 10:46:17 pm »
Hi:
I am the proud owner of a Thermomix for  only 7 days (Note: no representation in the US) and with the new addition in our life it is me and my Thermomix. 
 I have a family of 2 grown kids and a husband,  2 carnivores and 1 vegetarian.
The first day we made raspberry ice cream (high and low calorie), tons of pesto, smoothies, margaritas, two different soups for dinner, 5 minute bread, bread crumbs from old bread that had been waiting to be processed for months, ground coffee and much more.
I am multitasking and I love playing with food and make others happy with my creations.
My life has changed, an organized freezer serving family members small portions with individual needs. I am reducing waste and my family can NOT LIVE without Thermomix as they explore the multiple use!
My life without Thermomix? UNTHINKABLE!
Happy to join this forum.

Joeneke
Visit my blog: http://maureenscookiejar.blogspot.com/
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 10:48:16 pm by joeneke »

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
Re: HI FROM WHITE PLAINS
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 11:02:14 pm »
welcome joeneke, glad to see another addict join us ;) where are you?
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 12:46:40 am »
Welcome joeneke - good to see you here.  :-*

Now you can ask about molten chocolate puddings in the Varoma - go to the Requests section.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 02:12:37 am »
Welcome Joeneke,

Enjoy your new toy!!

Trudy

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 02:14:20 am »
Hi & welcome to our forum joeneke.  Any chance you can post that recipe of yours for low cal raspberry ice-cream? I eat tons of Peters light and creamy low-fat ice-cream and would love a recipe to replace it which can be made in the TMX.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline joeneke

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 04:03:18 am »
Judy:
Luckily I keep a log of my TM acts and I after one week TM I am at a use of TM # 21 ( bringing me to a $70 per use). I  have a job and can hardly wait to get home to spend more time in my kitchen. The frequency of using my TM  lowers the $ use. In our home we always compare: The taste  red wine in numerous glasses and we determine the winner! I am sorry that I have to confess that TM time is evenly or even more divided between my airbook apple and TM.
Here is the recipe:

Raspberry ice cream:
Regular:                                  LOW Calorie (for diabetes) :
40 g. Sugar                      3 TBLSP AGAVE SYRUP ( LOW GLYCEMIC)
150 g. fresh raspberries       150 g. fresh raspberries
1 glass ice cubes, 1 cup      1/2 glass ice cubes about  1/2 cup
1/4 cup (= 1/2TM cup)       2 Tbsp Greek yogurt

20 S / on 6. 

Eat or freeze in 2  portion size containers for each recipe.

Do not eat too much cold/frozen food (Chinese wisdom)!

Tip:
Did you realize that 1 measure cup of TM is 1/2 cup? Use it more often than you realize!

« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 04:07:05 am by joeneke »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 10:52:33 am »
Hi joeneke, I tried this for dessert tonight but ended up with a drink, not ice-cream.  What did I do wrong?
I blitzed 40g sugar, added 150g strawberries, l cup ice cubes and 1/4 cup greek yoghurt and mixed for 20 seconds on speed 6.  Am I then supposed to freeze it to make icecream perhaps?  Nice drink though ;D ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline joeneke

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2009, 12:44:59 pm »
Hi Judy:
I used raspberries which was thicker in consistency and 2 rounded TBLSp of Greek yoghurt 2 % fat. I may have added ice until it got thicker and was halfway frozen. Freeze it for one hour.

Joeneke
Visit my blog: http://maureenscookiejar.blogspot.com

Offline joeneke

• View Profile
Re: HI FROM WHITE PLAINS, NY
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2009, 03:20:58 pm »
Karen:
I try to answer your Q where I am from.
Currently I live in White Plains, New York, Westchester County, about 30 miles away from Manhattan.
I ordered a German book, jeden Tag geniessen and after reading it I decided to use it as a reference. I realized that my daily cooking style is lighter (balanced and less fat and sugar) though I use a lot of my own German and international recipes.
 I can connect with Kitchen playground recipes (love her blog) and I wished I had ordered the Australian cook book.
I have a multi cultural background starting in Suriname, a former Dutch colony in South America. The aborigines were Amerindians using plantains, tapioca and other healthy potatoes. Then the slaves were brought in with Creole recipes and in the 17th century, Indians, Indonesians and Chinese followed with a blend of Jewish and Lebanese kitchen. The governments changed from Dutch to English (remnants: the road traffic system is left and the metric system). Suriname is also geographically considered part of the Caribbean.
So figure, our capsicum is called Madame Jeanette, AKA Scotch bonnet and we incorporate it in all our dishes. Soups, fish, poultry, and beef stews get a 10 minutes company with Madame Jeanette. Be careful that the skin has no dents otherwise it will explode the dish. With the food you can always  mix this with some sauce if you like it spicy.

So if anyone wants to have a recipe, just let me know. I surf the net and use my address book on my apple to store all the  recipes.

Joeneke

http://maureenscookiejar.blogspot.com/2009_05_01_archive.html
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 03:57:49 pm by joeneke »

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2009, 01:01:23 am »
ahhhh now i understand! thank you :)
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog