Author Topic: Anything goes for Uni  (Read 7860438 times)

Offline mab19

• View Profile
Re: Anything goes for Uni
« Reply #39195 on: August 12, 2020, 02:08:19 am »
Judy, it's nice to see you back on the forum.  I hope your health keeps improving.

Very little happening here.  DS called yesterday and dropped off some kipfler potatoes at the door that he bought from a farm.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #39196 on: August 12, 2020, 08:42:30 am »
Great to see you back Judy.  2 weeks in hospital is a long time. Glad that you have friend staying with you. Hope you are back in good health soon.
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39197 on: August 12, 2020, 10:16:03 am »
Yes Mich the Wubin pub is still there. They seem to be one of the last things to go in a country town.

Judy it’s lovely to read that you are at home. Don’t overdo it and be kind to yourself. Sending a hug through cyber space.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39198 on: August 12, 2020, 12:46:17 pm »
Thanks everyone, I have the support and love from so many around me that I have to do the right thing to win this battle.  Girls I had the best ENT Oncologist one could wish for, even DD thought he was a bit of alright too.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #39199 on: August 12, 2020, 01:04:47 pm »
Judy glad you are home now and being cared for by your good friend . Take it easy , slow and steady wins the race . Big hugs .

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #39200 on: August 12, 2020, 11:47:52 pm »
Judy, good to see you posting again.  Makes the Forum feel more whole.  Take it easy. 
Not a lot happening here. We are fascinated with the Solar system.  It produces a little solar power on even misty, foggy and rainy days.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #39201 on: August 13, 2020, 05:33:54 am »
Good to have you posting again, Judy.  Take care of yourself.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39202 on: August 13, 2020, 11:37:31 am »
Hi Marina. How is life going for you? It must be so very hard.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #39203 on: August 13, 2020, 12:35:05 pm »
Marina how are you going , apparently the streets are really quiet now . Lots of reports from loved ones that the one hour exercising rule is very hard too .

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #39204 on: August 13, 2020, 11:13:03 pm »
I think this lockdown in stage 3 for rural people is even harder than the first lockdown.  We can’t make a coffee and sit in the car by the lake and watch the birds.  Everyone is wearing masks.  We really have very little to complain about compared to Melbourne. We talk to our Melbourne family most days.  Our GS played the piano on Face time for us.  By the 13 th. September they will have been in lockdown for 10 weeks.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #39205 on: August 14, 2020, 12:41:52 am »
Melbourne is very strange under stage 4 lockdown.  The streets are certainly quieter, but not nearly as quiet as I thought (and hoped) they would be.  Not enough people are wearing face masks, which is frightening (personally, I don't consider looping the face mask around your forearm is what the authorities quite consider to be the correct way they had envisaged them being worn).  The curfew seems to be working.  The street we live on is fairly busy and, after 8.00 pm it quietens down considerably, but during the day it is perhaps still only 75% down on 'normal' - during the very first lockdown a couple of months ago the street was almost empty.

DH and I are very careful with hand and face hygiene, mask wearing, etc. and so far  we are both well and hopefully will continue to be so until this is over (touch wood).  Our shop is closed, although we do do contactless sales at the door, by appointment (so that everything is ready to just be paid for and handed over) andwe are also getting a lot of mail orders.  Similarly, the workshop is accepting instruments and bows, but everything has to get disinfected before we touch it.  What was surprising to us, but probably not to 95% of the population, Uber has proven to be a great way to transport things around and quite a few of our repairs have come and gone back again in this fashion.

For DH and I, well, we live above the shop so we come and go as we please ... because we don't have to stick strictly to opening and closing times, we can wander down when we feel like it, take a leisurely lunch break or tea break, etc.  In fact, I am finding it quite relaxing and stress free (so long as I don't think about the financial and long term consequences, that is ... that is very scary).

I have 'invested' in several jigsaws which, much to my surprise, I am finding quite absorbing and relaxing and DH is happy not to have interruptions during the day so he can concentrate on his work at the workbench.

It is good, though, that this is all happening during the colder months, I think these strong lockdowns would be very hard to implement in better weather when everyone would be wanting to get out and enjoy the season.

Anyway, a bit of a long and rambling post.  Sorry about that.  Take care everyone, keep safe and well.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 12:43:52 am by Cuilidh »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39206 on: August 14, 2020, 04:37:51 am »
It was a very interesting read Marina, we are all keen to hear how our distant friends are coping.  As my DD1 lives in Melbourne it’s of great interest to me. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #39207 on: August 14, 2020, 05:35:08 am »
Marina thank you for sharing that . Life has changed for all of us and the hardest is not actually being able to define time , many months are passing and who would believe we are in mid August . School and term holidays just blur into one .

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #39208 on: August 14, 2020, 06:00:09 am »
I agree K Atie, mid August has come around way too quickly.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #39209 on: August 15, 2020, 12:19:27 am »
I agree with the strange thing about time.  It just seems to go.  I think I have slowed down as I’m not getting as much done, and it’s not worrying me.  We have really been in iso since early Feb. that just over 6 months.
Judy, I think it is more difficult for the Melbourne people and how they cope depends a lot on personal resources.  Marina and DH and our family in Melbourne are able to do what is required and adapt.  I feel sorry for the people who can’t cope and are demanding their rights. Selfish and stupid. Glad to see the numbers dropping.