Author Topic: Do you have a collection of things?  (Read 37102 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Do you have a collection of things?
« Reply #90 on: August 07, 2012, 01:52:58 am »
They sure are Chookie  ;D  I liked to pick up the odd mug or two during our travels - something useful, get used, get broken and you can never have enough (especially when you find they are all in the dishwasher).  I think these were my favourite craze over the years.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Jude59

• View Profile
    • Jude's Family Cafe
« Reply #91 on: August 07, 2012, 05:21:57 am »
My lizard collection grew by one last night. I don't know if I mentioned my lizards ( too lazy to go back and look).  I have one from N Z, one from Fontaine de Vaucluse and now a friend gave me one she brought back for me from South Africa. They are very cute and from now on I'm going to come back frm my travels with more lizards. I love collections.
My Blog - Jude's Family Cafe -
http://judefamilycafe.typepad.com/

mcmich

« Reply #92 on: August 07, 2012, 07:21:14 am »
Over the years I have collected different things.  First teaspoons from when we travelled. Not very expensive.  Then egg cups.  Not very big and fit into travel bag.  As a special treat , I let the GC choose one each to take home.  But always cooking books.  I can not part with any.  My main collection is silver.  Not fashionable as most people don't have time to clean it.  I just love it. Like CP , our house is very modern .  It has lots of glass and straight lines,  but we have managed to fill it with antiques and Persian carpets.  Not a collection but things we like.
I love the different collections mentioned here.  Love the things for shaping eggs.   Might have to get some of these for the GC.  Might have to start a new collection ;D
Thought I would start a collection of Lalique,  but only like the old designs,  so gave up on this.
Hard to say what is a collection and what is accumulation.  Are my many bread tins a collection?

I like modern and antique mixed together.
My home isn't ultra modern but I have a mix of modern furniture and antique pieces. I use to collect old sets of scales. I only have a few sets now.

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 07, 2012, 02:09:28 pm »
I seem to be collecting aches and pains at the moment. Does that count?

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 07, 2012, 02:20:15 pm »
I seem to be collecting aches and pains at the moment. Does that count?

Yep, I think so :-)) But hopefully it isn't a long lasting collection!

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 08, 2012, 12:39:50 am »
Hi I collect bonsais.  I did have quite a few until DD19 didn't water them when I was away!  I now have about 12 some purchased mature and others made from small plants then trained.  I'm really not a Gardner, but the art and creativity in bonsai I find interesting.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 08, 2012, 12:52:31 am »
HI Dash, hope you are feeling better, and those aches go away.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 08, 2012, 06:42:39 am »
Thanks Robyn. I feel fine just get the odd aches and pains from exercising. I will have to call my masseuse. He seems to have forgotten me since he came back from holidays.

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 14, 2012, 11:44:59 am »
I hope you have sorted out your masseuse Dash ;)

I just wanted to post a couple of photos. The first one is just a shot of one of the containers I keep my coins in. Thats probably about one third of my collection. The second photo is of three of my most special coins. The Lord's Prayer is printed on one, the British National Anthem on another, and I can't read the third until I get a microscope :-))

I have been trying to take some other photos but I can't get clear shots :-\

Bonsai

« Reply #99 on: August 14, 2012, 12:45:44 pm »
Amy, I think the coin with three circles on it is the Lord's Prayer as well. Not sure if the same on every circle as my iPad keeps spinning the picture around when I try to rotate it

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 14, 2012, 12:49:41 pm »
Wow Bonsai, I'm impressed that you could have a guess at that coin just by looking at the photo :o

Bonsai

« Reply #101 on: August 14, 2012, 01:19:28 pm »
I can enlarge the photo on the iPad  - my microscopic vision went years ago!

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 14, 2012, 01:22:48 pm »
Oh... lol :-)) ;D

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 14, 2012, 01:31:57 pm »
It looks like you have an interesting coin collection Amy.  :)  My uncle used to collect coins and stamps. I think stamps were his real passion.

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 14, 2012, 01:41:30 pm »
Thank you Dash :) I have coins from many different places, and even though I bought a coin encyclopaedia I still haven't figured out where all of them are from :-)) A while ago I started a catalogue to keep track of them all, but I have so many. I don't think I got past the first 50.
We have a few stamps, but I love coins more :D