Author Topic: Do you have a collection of things?  (Read 37208 times)

Mama Fergie

Re: Do you have a collection of things?
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2012, 06:19:56 am »
Jude you never know what's around the corner. We didnt expect to have 10, well maybe when we were older but I wouldn't be without any of them as they enrich our lives. We have 7 girls and 3 boys so maybe number 11 will balance it a little bit but will have to wait till new year to find out. Due January 3rd.
mcmich your time will come. We got our first one a lot sooner than we expected followed by number 2 exactly one year later. They are 17 and 16 now and lovely girls.

Offline Jude59

• View Profile
    • Jude's Family Cafe
« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2012, 09:14:30 am »
Snap Mama Fergie!  7 granddaughters and 3 grandsons here too. And I am Mama to them :). We are pretty youngish as far as grandparents  go too.
My Blog - Jude's Family Cafe -
http://judefamilycafe.typepad.com/

Mama Fergie

« Reply #62 on: August 04, 2012, 09:40:43 am »
I am Nana to all of them but Mama  is great as it sounds young. I didn't want to be a 'granny' or 'grandma' as it sounded old especially when we had our 1st granddaughter. Girls seem to be dominant in both your family and mine. How many children do you have. We have 2 sons and 2 daughters in the order boy, girl, boy, girl.  ;D

Offline Jude59

• View Profile
    • Jude's Family Cafe
« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2012, 09:54:29 am »
Daughter (6 children - 4 girls, 2 boys), son (3 children - 2 girls, 1 boy), daughter (1 daughter).   They are all adorable - of course!

Mama Fergie

« Reply #64 on: August 04, 2012, 10:24:14 am »
Son (  4 children 3 girls 1 boy ) daughter ( 2 children 1 girl 1 boy ) son ( 1 child baby girl) daughter ( 3 children 2 girls 1 boy and unknown sex on the way due early January) . Yes all adorable and very busy when they all come for dinner!!!  :D but wouldn't have it any other way. They all live within 15 minutes of each other and ourselves.  Never a dull moment here  :)

Offline Jude59

• View Profile
    • Jude's Family Cafe
« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2012, 10:51:49 am »
Oh so lovely!  We all live nearby too.... Very handy for them to have  babysitters on the doorstep!  We also have a family business  and work together - well depending on who is available. Our youngest and i job share PA for DH, when she works i am baby sitting for her .  I know what you mean about the family dinners!  We host Sunday lunch here each week for the whole family and just love it, though sometimes I pray for a sunshiny day so they can at least get out and run around.  But we all get on well and enjoy our food and wine and laughter and catch up.  It's lovely to see all the cousins together.... Little girls holding hands and walking aound together, little boys getting together and the baby, Chalotte (nearly 8 months old), the centre of attention -   Its a lovely and special time. 

Offline pumpkin pie

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 04, 2012, 10:53:03 am »
I'm Nanny to 2 beautiful grandchildren, 1 granddaughter and 1 grandson to my wonderful son and his gorgeousl wife.  OMG what a collection there is, diamonds, vintage cars,  Jude what beautiful vintage glasses, would be happy to drink wine out of them any day. Chrissa, agree with you about all the dusting, and EGG SHAPERS, never heard of them but wow, what a way to cook eggs.  It all makes my not really a collection of something old, eg ice chests that i like to restore and treddle sowing machine tables, a bit ho hum. but i also have a spare room full of cardmaking and sewing stuff, that I can't get rid of, and which I love to spend time in with my greanddaughter teaching all the crafty stuff,  so I guess it is called collecting.

Offline Jude59

• View Profile
    • Jude's Family Cafe
« Reply #67 on: August 04, 2012, 11:01:42 am »
Ooooooh YES! Love the crafty stuff!  Being a granny gives permission to have all that lovely crafty stuff for the grandchildren. Especially the girls love it. They are always. "Mama, can we go into the craft room...". I have a stamp making machine I have to learn how to work cos I told DH it was for the grandchildren........  They love making cards too.

Offline pumpkin pie

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 04, 2012, 11:20:18 am »
OMG Jude a stamp making machine, would love one. Yes I love to use it as an escape when my granddaughter is over to dissapear into the craft room with her.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 04, 2012, 01:05:14 pm »
Here is just a tiny portion of my step-dad's radion collection... :-))

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 04, 2012, 01:25:59 pm »
i love them Amy, each one so unique and beautiful.  I have a modern home now and I class them as "dust collectors", but still does not stop me from appreciating them in other peoples collections.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 04, 2012, 01:28:48 pm »
I will tell my step-dad how much you love them CP :) He will appreciate it very much since he puts so much hard work into restoring them.

There another hundred or so around the place if you want to see anymore... :-))

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 04, 2012, 01:29:47 pm »
I have a small collection of shaving implements. Razors, brushes, a curved ladies underarm razor and I hove some old advertisements for Gillette razor blades.

DW collects old/antique hand embroidered doilies, table clothes etc. She sees it as an important from of expression from women of past generations.

We also collect Wembley Ware, vases mostly but we have other pieces. The only Wembley Ware we do not collect is the ash trays.

Offline nazar

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2012, 02:35:15 pm »
ohhhh   how l would love a craft room  , atm l have the corner of our bedroom and some wardropes for my craft stuff
l like to sew ,have heaps of fabric , scrapbook ,cardmaking , so have heaps of paper ect

l like the idea of the stamping machine jude it sounds good , wooden stamps take up so much room
 beading ,and lots of other craft bits bits to many to think about

l also have  collections of  australian used stamps , world coins and notes  , seawashed glass, rocks and stones , seashells , dried seaweed , framed butterflies , feathers , leaves and dried \pressed flowers , tiles for mosic ,collection of stuff which meant something to my mother , collection of stuff which other people have made me ,  cookie cutters , craft  books and a small collection of  cook books

South West WA AUSTRALIA

Offline chrissa

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 04, 2012, 10:33:13 pm »
Hi Dashing. I've seen wembley ware while looking for pieces for my collection.  The luster type are beautiful.
I do the best I can