Author Topic: hi - needing some reassurance!  (Read 23693 times)

Offline mum23

• View Profile
Re: hi - needing some reassurance!
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2010, 11:40:48 am »
Wow Chelsea, that's really amazing. I sometimes think how boring my life is so i love hearing about other peoples lives ect. Please don't mistake me for being intruding just love to hear other peoples experiences!
Your experience sounds wonderful! :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2010, 12:06:46 pm »
Even though I knew your story Chelsea, I loved reading about it again myself. I'm sure you will get back there again real soon.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2010, 07:09:01 am »
As Chelsea said - you have to start somewhere! Look at it like this, at least you are trying! ( there are heaps of people out there who aren't!!) You will have the thermomix to help you and any change you make will make a difference  ;D Positive thinking a small steps can make all the difference mum23  :-*
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline mum23

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2010, 04:41:03 am »
Hi everyone, i have had a busy week and haven't had a chance to visit the forum but just wanted to let everyone know he HAS ARRIVED!!! Thermy came yesterday and we bonded beautifully. I think he might of been a bit tired and weary by the end of the night because he didn't get much rest once he hit my kitchen bench!
Has only had a little start today but i have been busy hosting a body shop party  which of course i could show of Thermy's skills with some of my refreshments I had made .
Can't wait to keep going and do more, DH rekons the grocery bill is going to be more not less! HOpe i can prove him wrong!

I think it is love at first sight. Sure hope it's not lust! a bit too expensive for lust!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2010, 06:38:29 am »
Mum23, read on another topic the things you cooked during your delivery demo yesterday.  That was great, all I got the chance to do was to make a sorbet - how boring compared to what you did.  If I had realised way back then that I could have cooked a whole meal, I would have done so but it was a wham, bam, thankyou maam sort of delivery.  How confident you are sounding already - I read your first posting in this thread again, are you that same person  :o :o :o  It may cost you a little more each week when you first start as you will be buying things like flour in bulk and heaps of other things but it will even out in the long run like mine did.  I didn't believe the demonstrator when she told us our grocery bill would be cheaper as there are so many things I make now that I would never have made before TMX but on the other hand there are other things that I now never or rarely buy eg ice-cream, bread, custards, biscuits, cakes, dips to name a few.  Lovely to hear your initial doubts are now replaced with full-on enthusiasm and confidence.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2010, 08:05:11 am »
Mum23 it is lovely to read about the new addition to the family. If is is 'lust' I am sure it will be a very long running lust. I've had my machine 14 months now and am still doing new things in it. Things I would never have tried earlier on.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2010, 01:20:40 pm »
Good to hear the new arrival has settled in well and getting a good workout.  ;)
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline mum23

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2010, 02:01:42 am »
Hi everyone,
As i speak thermy is in action working on a vegie stock for me. He has already done an ice-cream which is in the freezer waiting for second round. Hope it works! I am also ready to do a salad dressing, mayo, some peanut butter, some cookies, and might even try the chilli con carne for dinner!
I have a recipe to tell everyone about that i made yesterday but unsure where to tell it? do i just post in the appropriate category?
Oh better go Thermy is "singing" out to me.

Happy cooking everyone!

ps, Judydawn, I promised my dh last night grocery bill "won't" increase!   ;D

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2010, 02:04:48 am »
Just post the recipe where you think it fits best and if somebody doesn't like where it is then they will tell the moderators to move it !!
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2010, 03:01:07 am »
Oh Oh, another addicted TMX owner - there goes your social life mum23, too busy in the kitchen to go anywhere except the shops to buy more food to cook  :-)) :-))  You are going great guns, looking forward to your first recipe on the forum.  Hope DH is won over too with all the lovely food you are serving.

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2010, 03:15:10 am »
So glad to hear you are enjoying your new addition Mum23!!!  Aren't they just amazing!!!  ;D

Offline mum23

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2010, 04:37:21 am »
yes amazing! just amazing and i am sure my friends are all sick of hearing about "thermy".
Well i have been off doing all my cooking and atm i have the ice cream still in the freezer waiting for it to harden but not freeze ?? I hope it works, i am scared of failure ;D
I am not on bit scared of the machine just a little scared of my recipes not working therefore wasting ingredients.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2010, 04:58:03 am »
If you feel as if you have had a failure mum23, just let us know what it is that you have made and someone will tell you what to do with it to turn it into a success.  eg Bron turns all her sweet failures into ice-cream and most savoury into soup.  It has happened on the forum where things have been tossed into the bin and someone has told them what they could have done to avoid the waste.  I wish I knew all that when I first started as I had a few things go in the bin.

Offline mum23

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2010, 05:23:41 am »
thanks judydawn. My consultant has rung me whilst waiting for my icecream to set (for the first time) and i have moved it to the deep freeze. THis forum is so helpful it's not funny!  Not to mention having a great consultant!

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2010, 11:10:46 am »
Yes we certainly all have our failures JD.  I had two big failures today - one that could be saved and one that definitely couldn't.  Thank heavens for one pot spag bol and Belgium lemon teacake.  By dinner time I had had enough of trying to convert recipes and turned to some favourite forum recipes and tweakings. :)