Author Topic: My husband is terrible...  (Read 20537 times)

Offline Sundari

• View Profile
Re: My husband is terrible...
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2009, 01:50:34 am »
Welcome I'm sure you will love your new xmas gift  ;D
Birth Worker
Mum to one DD 6yrs
Thermomix Consultant

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2009, 07:23:17 am »
Welcome, HllyBelly!  What a gem of a husband!
I'm sure that you will find lots of recipes here on the forum to get you started.
The book that comes with the machine (even the updated one) is less than reliable in some recipes and brilliant in others!
As Thermomixer says - always process and cook for less time than the recipe in the book says, then check.  You can always chop and cook more, but you can't undo it! ;D
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline AmandaN

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2009, 11:20:43 pm »
Lucky you HellyBelly!

As TM is not sold in BigW, I am extremely unlikely to get one for Christmas (cost factor aside!).  My Santa only shops at BigW....the closest shop to us! 

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2009, 02:42:02 am »
That sounds a little like my DH too. Mine shops on Christmas eve about 4 or later. He does it every year. I have got used to it.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2009, 08:17:23 am »
Welcome Helen,

Hope you don't have to wait any more than the 3-4 days the others seem to think it takes.  You must really be excited .

Trudy

Offline HellyBelly

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2009, 10:14:22 am »
well, it arrived last night, and I've already made chai lattes, breakfast (porridge and fruit sauce), a batch of roasted tomato pasta sauce, and two batches on gingerbread... lol!!!

Don't worry, my hubby doesn't normally have such clear direction as to what to get me. It's only because the other blender is about dead that he thought of it at all! So he's claiming it's my birthday present too so he doesn't have to think of one of them too!
yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum...

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2009, 03:20:43 pm »
Well, you've done extremely well! What a fantastic hubby! Mine just grumbles about spending money.

I love your avatar!

I actually like the recipe books. I tend to use about three recipes when I cook, so I still do that, but use the instructions from the EDC book or whichever one I'm using (I have pretty well all of them) and then make my own adjustments as necessary and notate them in the cook book.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2009, 08:27:56 am »
I think my biggest tip now as a consultant to new customers is don't be afraid to write in your cook books - it is a must!! They won't stay pristine and clean as you will use them so many times ;) Might just have to see if that is in tips etc as that encourages people to be tweaking for their own tastes right from the start and hopefully be aware and have more successes from the start as well!
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Shallys DH

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2009, 10:46:24 am »
See... We try our best you know!

Shally says "I'm very trying..."  :-\

;D

Offline HellyBelly

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2009, 02:07:35 pm »
Shally's DH - LOL. I know, you're all very trying... I mean, trying your best!!! :)

faffa - yeah, i think I just have a thing about spoiling the "pristine" book - but, having said that, I've already spilt food on mine today, so it's already no longer "virgin" (eeek!)

MJ - thank you! My husband and I went through a brief phase where we made emoticons, for some reason. There's actually a longer version where he gets blended into "ribena", but it was just a shade too big to upload here! We are disturbing folk. ;)
yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum...

Offline ThermomixBlogger

• Thermomix blogging fan from Canada.
    • View Profile
    • SuperKitchenMachine is an unofficial fan blog for fun cooking with Thermomix!
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2009, 02:24:33 am »
Hi there HellyBelly and a big wave to you from Canada!  :)

You are right, this IS a great place to hang out,   8) 8) 8) and it is so very true that people will fall over themselves to help you. It happened to me and I am so indebted to these folks for supporting my early attempts at Thermomixing and at blogging too.

Anyway, just a 'note' about making notes in the cookbooks. I use the little sticky notes we have here for office use, called "Post It Notes". Not sure if you have them in Oz or not, but I keep these on hand and also a PENCIL, and am constantly making notes to tweak as I cook. The sticky notes are great cuz you can stick lots of them on one page if needed, and also remove them when you get a better idea and want to scrap the old ideas out. I use the large size (3in.x3in) and ... since Thermomix... I buy them in bulk, ha ha!  :-))

I bet you will find that this lovely machine takes you in all kinds of new culinary directions. Old recipes may take a back seat for a while. ;)  And oh yes, you can give your DH a squeeze from all the gals on the forum who are envious. He sure sounds like a keeper!

Cheers!
TMB
(Thermomix Blogger)
ThermomixBlogger Helene

News, recipes and videos for Thermomix fans
around the world and at home.
Click: http://www.superkitchenmachine.com

Also Kitchen Kits for people who love Thermomix!
http://SuperKitchenKits.com

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2009, 02:29:23 am »

Anyway, just a 'note' about making notes in the cookbooks. I use the little sticky notes we have here for office use, called "Post It Notes". Not sure if you have them in Oz or not,

LOL- we're backward, but we do have Post-it Notes - even in WA & Queensland  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

My EDC book is the only book I have ever scribbled in !!! - it was hard, but it would be bulging with Post-it notes.

I got a new edition lately and started to compare the recipes and started to make notes.  Don't think I'll be getting it autographed  ;)
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2009, 06:06:49 am »
Mmmmmm. 'Thems dangerous words Thermomixer.' It may have to be spatulas at dawn! ;D ;D ;D ;D;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2009, 06:10:01 am »
LOL - hope your not planning a holiday north or west too soon Thermomixer...  :D

I NEVER used to write in my cookbooks. Now my non TMX cookbooks have conversions scribbled in them  :-))
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2009, 06:15:54 am »
I'm afraid mine have scribble all over them. I do like the idea of post its though as sometimes things change and then I have to white out the scribble notes. I may have to use post its until I'm sure of the TMX ones.