Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6116667 times)

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #24555 on: November 11, 2020, 11:17:51 am »
Spent the whole day waiting so I could pick DM up from hospital!! Never mind ! Spoke to DD and she studied the whole day went to libary after school and did Maths and then for prep ( homework) she had her Business Management Teacher help her ! Busy day for her .

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #24556 on: November 12, 2020, 12:24:47 am »
I did the grocery shopping this morning. I was cross as Woolworths made an announcement that they would have 1 minutes silence and then they left their radio playing all during it. No store workers stopped for it and there was no last post after it.
A dear friend of ours was instrumental in arranging for a plane to drop poppies over the CBD today. I can't wait for DH to ring him and see how it went.

Same here Cookie, no one stopped.  Very disappointing, we did get Advance Australia Fair but no Last Post.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24557 on: November 12, 2020, 04:13:07 am »
The poppy drop went very well apparently. They couldn’t fly over the CBD as the RAAF were flying over there and no other planes were permitted.
I tried to ring the local WW this morning, but couldn’t get through. So I rang their HO. I spoke to a lovely young man and explained how I felt. He actually rang the local store and connected me. I explained how poorly it had all been done. The ‘manager’ I spoke to said it was an IT problem and they would speak to the person concerned. I asked them not to do that as I felt it was a managerial problem, not some poor individual. They said they will do better next year. 🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24558 on: November 12, 2020, 04:31:10 am »
Well done you for calling them out cookie, let’s see if they do better next year.

Today I went to my gym for the first time in 5 months, it was only for an assessment as I felt I was ready to start getting back into my old life.  I was very surprised that my test results were not far under my previous assessment when I was a lot fitter.  So I’m ready to go back to my 2 sessions a week and how welcoming the staff were to me today.  It wasn’t my normal time to be there so I didn’t recognise anyone in the gym when I arrived but there was another lot waiting to go in when I came out and there were 2 ladies I knew there that were up for a chat.  Can’t wait to get back to my group on Mondays and Thursdays.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 07:27:19 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24559 on: November 12, 2020, 07:08:50 am »
Judy that will be wonderful and so normal for you.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #24560 on: November 12, 2020, 10:20:41 am »
Well done, Judy, that is great news. I admire you for getting back to gym (I am dreading ours re-opening after months in Lockdown - I am such a slug!!)

Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24561 on: November 12, 2020, 10:52:45 am »
I seem to have come leaps and bounds in the past week ladies so I knew the time was right.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #24562 on: November 12, 2020, 08:29:06 pm »
Saw DM in the morning and then tried to do some jobs , so many out and about in fact it was too busy . Never seen so many people not wearing their face  masks correctly no nosies covered . Drove back home and listened to my first audio book in 6 months . Once home and unpacked , I might of done a sneaky stop at Wilson’s ! Checked chooks as one got out the other day . Showered and washed my hair . Heated up a meal . Rather trying driving . Spoke to DD .

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #24563 on: November 12, 2020, 08:41:49 pm »
K Atie, I was surprised to read about mask wearing, or lack of it.  When we drove into Castlemaine on our way home yesterday we were very impressed - I don't think we saw a single person without a mask on.  It's pretty good in the city around where we live as well, there will always be some not wearing them, in fact, I admit to going out without one on, by accident, but I always carry at least one in my bag so, when I realise what I have done I put one of my 'spares' on straightaway, but some idiots deliberately choose not to wear them and that makes me very angry.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #24564 on: November 12, 2020, 09:09:33 pm »
Well done Judy. You will enjoy being back it your old routine.
Cooke, I love the idea of the poppy drop. 
Yesterday I shopped at Source.I needed dried cherries and Hazelnuts. 

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #24565 on: November 12, 2020, 10:57:50 pm »
Marina they were wearing them just not covering their noses , mask on chin talking! Chookie are you making the Guardian cake !!

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #24566 on: November 13, 2020, 04:04:04 am »
Well done Judy.  You will enjoy being back at the gym and meeting up with friends.

DH's birthday today.  We will have a get together on Sunday.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24567 on: November 13, 2020, 04:50:04 am »
Thank you Chookie and Margaret.  Happy birthday to your DH Margaret.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #24568 on: November 13, 2020, 06:09:36 am »
Today I went to my gym for the first time in 5 months, it was only for an assessment as I felt I was ready to start getting back into my old life.  I was very surprised that my test results were not far under my previous assessment when I was a lot fitter.  So I’m ready to go back to my 2 sessions a week and how welcoming the staff were to me today.  It wasn’t my normal time to be there so I didn’t recognise anyone in the gym when I arrived but there was another lot waiting to go in when I came out and there were 2 ladies I knew there that were up for a chat.  Can’t wait to get back to my group on Mondays and Thursdays.

This post makes me so happy!  I can feel how excited you are in your post. This will propel you, realising how much better you feel compared to just a few weeks ago.  Go for it Judy!  :D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24569 on: November 13, 2020, 07:49:02 am »
Thanks Julie, this feeling has been a long time coming.  It should be all upwards from here.