Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6037025 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #22830 on: May 20, 2019, 11:17:21 am »
I’ve just spent 2.5 hours removing a wallpaper border in the kitchen ready for DD2 to start painting tomorrow. I must say that I really enjoyed that job once I got the hang of it.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #22831 on: May 20, 2019, 12:38:48 pm »
Had a great girls weekend away . My hand is fine now thank you for all asking but I realised that I had left my iPad at home , I can only get on the fourm with my iPad as I cannot remember my log in details ! Best weather ever so many laughs , lots of food and drinks . Not much sleep .

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22832 on: May 20, 2019, 02:20:07 pm »
Glad you enjoyed your weekend with the girls Katie and that your hand is OK too.  I don’t think I could live without my iPad these days but it sounds as if you didn’t really need it with the fun you were having.  Your batteries will be fully recharged for that hectic life you lead.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #22833 on: May 20, 2019, 09:51:34 pm »
Judy, good job well done.
K Atie, perfect weekend.
Gardener coming today.
Eat day in Melbourne yesterday.  Ral bought 3 k coffee beans from special coffee shop in Emporium. Japanese Restaurant for lunch and appointment with Financial advisor.  Traffic dreadful .

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
What have you been doing today?
« Reply #22834 on: May 21, 2019, 08:29:01 am »
WE went on another mid week car run. This time it was to a small sports car club. We had to meet at 9am and it took us an hour to get there as DH doesn't like going on the freeways and main highways with the Model A as the trucks are intimidating.
When we met I was the only female there. I was cross as I could have stayed home easily. However when we got there another member had come down from Northam with her husband. It was great fun and they were all extremely friendly and did a lovely morning tea for us. We then got to drive our Model A's sedately around their race track.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 10:19:59 am by cookie1 »
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #22835 on: May 21, 2019, 11:44:00 am »
A looks like fun Cookie .
Yoga today and not much this afternoon, think the busy weekend is catching up with me .Have not seen DH as he was planting the crop last night till midnight and left at 6am this morning, still not home its 8.30 pm !! We have talked but last night he hit the fence with the seeder .. no talking on the phone now . Think it is ok !

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22836 on: May 21, 2019, 02:21:39 pm »
Sounds like fun cookie.  Busy day here with tradesmen and DD managed to get the ceiling finished and patch up small areas. Tomorrow the tilers should be finished plus the electrician is coming, DD back on her next day off, Thursday.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22837 on: May 22, 2019, 08:12:46 am »
Seeding is a such a busy time K Atie.
Judy you wont know yourself.

I went to visit a friend. She was supposed to come here but her sister was coming up to her place so I went over there. A nice chat. Their Mum and Dad lived next door to us for 30 years. They were DD's godparents. We get together once a month as the lady I visit was widowed and gets very lonely. She is lovely too.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22838 on: May 22, 2019, 09:15:45 pm »
Lovely photos Cookie. It sounds you had a great day.
Great work removing wallpaper Judy.

I picked a friend up in my car and we went out to lunch together. We had a a delicious lunch at a pub we hadn’t tried before. Definitely go there again.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22839 on: May 23, 2019, 09:25:46 am »
That sounds lovely Denise. We had an email from a friend who is in the UK at the moment. He and his DD are having a fabulous time. (his wife is unable to fly now) He said his phone said he has walked 100km since he left home but he said his knees and hips say it is more like 300km. His DD would have no mercy.
I did the grocery shopping this morning. It was an expensive week as so many things seemed to run out.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #22840 on: May 24, 2019, 02:05:16 pm »
Well another trip with DD to Dentist . Quick visit to GP as well , I had the flu injection... DD has a middle ear infection antibiotics for her ! The trip home was so long as leaving the city on a Friday night 30ks . Now for some reason as I was in sight of home a tea cup and take a break message came on my dashboard!! Tomorrow I am going to see why , it cracked me up . And why does my arm hurt form the tiny injection.. that’s right I forgot to rub it afterwards.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22841 on: May 24, 2019, 08:32:34 pm »
I went to see a Endodontist today. A Root Canal filling in one of my front teeth has a infection. It looks as though it’s going to take a few dental treatments to get it sorted. Then this afternoon I went grocery shopping,
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22842 on: May 25, 2019, 07:07:53 am »
Ouch Denise, the sooner it’s fixed the better.
Your car seems to know you are always flat out Katie, suggesting a cuppa and a break - clever car LOL.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #22843 on: May 25, 2019, 12:43:03 pm »
Denise That sounds painful.
Judy think my DM was a little bit worried about the amount of driving , but I told her That really it is too funny . Maybe DH’s tractor should be telling him as well to have a rest !
Watched DS play hockey in the rain , they were drenched - sneaky stop at boarding house for a warm shower while I did the shopping. He got a goal too this week as well as his last game , really boosts their game playing .
Home roast lamb , paddock dinner drop off and moving vehicles. Thermo server is the best for this job . Kids worn out .
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 07:40:37 am by K Atie »

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #22844 on: May 25, 2019, 11:34:28 pm »
Just catching up. Enjoy reading what everyone is doing, except CC.
Love the photos of the cars Cookie. Thanks.
Driving GD around as DD busy falling into lake.
Bit of cooking today.