Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6037093 times)

Online K Atie

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #26460 on: September 25, 2022, 02:47:38 pm »
Mab lovely to have your GC together.
It’s been a very busy week . We went to Henty NSW field day stayed at Albury on the Monday night ,so five hour drive up there with DH asleep in the back seat me co pilot DS driving . Bonus not many places open for dinner we went the sports bar and watched the Queens funeral on the biggest screen I have ever seen best rib eye steak too.  Great field day sore feet , huge machinery and even got some work boots . Next day Stopped at the smokehouse in Albury ,gravax salmon , salami trout dip and some terrine , which we had for dinner late that night after going home on the Burke and will track .

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #26461 on: September 25, 2022, 07:38:17 pm »
Fantastic weather up in Guildford over the weekend so took advantage of that and planted a new Daphne ... a bit late for that, but it will be good for next year, a climbing vine alongside the hen's run to give them shade (when it eventually gets big enough, that is), also put in some forget-me-nots and something else, the name of which I have forgotten ... but possibly nemesia and finally sprinkled some marigold seeds around the place.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #26462 on: September 26, 2022, 06:41:16 am »
Marina, a nice way to spend a pleasant weekend.

K Atie, a very busy week for you.  We often went to the Gippsland Field Days so I know how sore my feet would be after walking around all day.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26463 on: September 26, 2022, 12:03:07 pm »
I spent most of the day asleep in bed. One of our visitors has shared a rotten cold with me.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #26464 on: September 26, 2022, 12:08:39 pm »
That's a shame, Cookie.

I see WA is the first state to celebrate the King's Birthday public holiday today, as opposed to the Queen's Birthday
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26465 on: September 26, 2022, 12:10:33 pm »
Get well soon cookie, it sounds like mealtimes will be well covered by your family though.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #26466 on: September 27, 2022, 04:57:08 am »
I hope you recover quickly Cookie.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26467 on: September 27, 2022, 08:12:03 am »
Thanks everyone. A half a day in bed today. DD and DH keep wanting me to have RAT. I've done 2 that's enough

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #26468 on: September 28, 2022, 07:04:26 am »
My Thermi has arrived home from its service. Very happy with the quick turnaraound. DH was impressed that so little needed doing and that parts were readily available. So today I'm looking for a Rocky Road recipe (I've never made Rocky Road before as I don't like marshmallow). Going to make it as a test run for Christmas.
Also getting ready make Vegetarian sausage rolls and Canned tomato relish to go with them. I'll be taking them to a CWA cooking demo tomorrow evening. Ginger Fluff sponge...sounds fun.
Get well soon Cookie. RATS are no fun and not even that reliable it seems.
Cuilidh I laughed about your varying dietary needs post. You're amazing. I think I would have just opened a bottle of bubbles and called it a day... with takeaways.
Very interesting info about fermentation a few of days ago. Thank you.

“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26469 on: September 29, 2022, 02:11:33 am »
One week today since I developed this lurgy. I at last think I’m getting better.  It’s been lousy.  Lots and lots of sleeping. DH and DD have been great, but don’t notice the dirty house……and I don’t care at the moment.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26470 on: September 29, 2022, 04:49:58 am »
Good to hear you are getting over it cookie, we always worry about our house keeping though - or lack of it but you’ll get it back to scratch as soon as you’re able to.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #26471 on: September 29, 2022, 05:34:30 am »
So pleased to hear that you are getting over your cold Cookie. 

I have spent some time clearing out a cupboard this morning and then decided to sort through my recipes again I've thrown out a lot that I am unlikely to ever make.

Online K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26472 on: September 30, 2022, 02:31:56 pm »
Hope your feeling better Cookie .
Crazy busy again , DD collected in a day ! For a week at home ! Seems all had caught up and off to doctors for her ! Thankfully not a repeat of Glandular but server tonsillitis, sleeping and very unwell so much for all I had planed . Meanwhile DS has been digging up my Agapanthus, that morning while discussion on how much to remove DS saw a huge snake resting on top of them . All out . Kittens are spending a lot of time there after. Today the farm received ( DH DS had to collect them as did the whole community) new rubbish bins ! Oh my Lordy red yellow purple, no green waste as we are bigger than 5 hectares!! It’s like massive readjustment that is crazy in the fact that all the plastic and petrol to make them can never outway recycling! Do not get me wrong I’m happy to recycle but not to the point this is . And no way would I put out what is ment to go in their recycle bin in a home compost , so we are no happy . Had my vent now sorry .

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26473 on: October 01, 2022, 12:17:15 pm »
K Atie your life continues to sound very hectic.
I did a bit of housework today-things look better. 😀

Online K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26474 on: October 03, 2022, 02:29:38 pm »
On the weekend DS and I planted a native tree plantation , 90 trees with covers ! We worked hard till dusk with an amazing sunset . DS finished off tying up the garden , I weeded the vegetable patch and other odd jobs . Two very physical days . Lots of laughs ( watching DH drive over the tree cover roll with his DM on board ) me in the ute with the old fashion bin full of cane stays go down a hole and it bounced off into the Lupin crop ! DH Informing us that the hares have already taken off the tree covers and pulled out trees ! Today I delivered DD back to college, on the mend but don’t think totally well . Halfway down the car beeped and said low on AdBlu !! Returning home I realised after a few phone calls that I had to buy some at a service station and put 10 litres in !! First time I have ever use the damsel in destress line ! It worked lovely man helped me put it in . Nearly home and the sky turned black lightening and the heaviest rain storm hit , so scared . Please to be home very late but at least I got here . Bonus DS have brought in all the washing ... super bonus there seems to be a huge pile of washing of DS DD for me to do .