Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6037307 times)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #25710 on: November 24, 2021, 09:47:59 pm »
We are going for a drive today.  Haven’t done this for about 3 years.
Booked a stay in Melb for Feb.  can cancel if COVID lockdown happens again.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25711 on: November 25, 2021, 02:55:44 am »
How lovely to both Chookie. Enjoy.

I wasn't planning on cooking today but DD just rang and needs something for morning tea tomorrow and DH tells me he is nearly out of bread. I let him tell me as I eat SD. So now I can have fun making those.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #25712 on: November 25, 2021, 10:14:14 pm »
DIL has asked me to make her another Christmas scrub top for work so it's back to the sewing machine for me.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #25713 on: November 26, 2021, 05:43:54 am »
We went over to Cherokee yesterday to see if the Rhododendrons that Ral had planted have survived. He planted 70+ . They were looking very good.  The house was under heavy fog.  We had forgotten that this was typical of the area.
We stopped for coffee and bumped into friends and they and we were happy to reconnect. Today we are recovering.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25714 on: November 26, 2021, 07:34:21 am »
That would have been lovely Chookie.
I had my hair cut today. The appointment was for 12. DD had said I wouldn't get a park but I managed too, however there was so many people there. I left as soon as I had my hair cut.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25715 on: November 26, 2021, 07:42:59 am »
A trip down memory lane Chookie, a bonus to reconnect with old friends.

Today I cleaned out my spice drawers, so many of them out of date and as I’ve been told not to eat spicy food nowadays it was quite easy to get rid of them even if they were in date. I’ve reduced 6 very full drawers of spices down to 3 with room to move. The 3 empty drawers are now full of pasta packets and containers plus dried fruit.  From there I moved into my plastic container cupboards and have boxed up a load for the op shop - why do I have several lids but not the containers to go with them I wonder. They can’t get lost in the dishwasher like socks do in the washing machine!  Next job was a pantry clean out of items I know I will not use, I did a bit of a reshuffle there too and it’s much tidier with so much removed. Final job was washing all the plastic containers that I’d emptied and with my earlier work there was plenty of room to store all those now empty containers. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #25716 on: November 26, 2021, 12:05:56 pm »
Lovely Chookie. Well done Judy . Busy day , cleaned a bathroom ( this involved up a ladder , yes I was very careful) that need a lot of attention, I am super tiered and famished tonight . It’s crazy in Melbourne think everyone is out shopping Black Friday sales . Family at home DH had to cook chops and veg ! Kittens growing, they are now walking in their bed !! What a difference two days make . Nearly time to handle them , they are hissing at DH .

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #25717 on: November 26, 2021, 08:27:53 pm »
What a day, Chookie, lots of memories at Cherokee.  Good to see the rhododendron doing well ... what colours are they?

Isn't it satisfying to have  good clearance, Judy, well done - it sounds like a full-on day.

I came up to Guildford on the train last night as DH came up on Thursday night so that he could clear up the dead poplar tree we had arranged to get dropped during the week because it was a bit too close to the house.  A big job but he managed to clear all the wood away.  We will burn off some of the excess today and keep some of the better wood for burning at home.  The poplar was only standing because it was totally covered in ivy so a lot of the wood we are putting on the bonfire today will be very smoky.  Must remember to let the CFA know what is going on!!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25718 on: November 26, 2021, 10:19:40 pm »
Although backbreaking work for me Marina, it was so worth it by the end of the afternoon. I keep opening the doors and drawers to admire my work LOL. Only problem with those sort of changes is finding the items next time I need them but with less stock it might be easier to spot them in their new area. Today I’m going to work on my crockery, casserole dishes and party items, I need to cull heavily in that area.  You have a lot on your plate for the weekend, it sounds as if DH has done well since he’s been up there. It certainly won’t be a relaxing weekend for you.

Katie I’m always telling my friends they shouldn’t be climbing ladders but I occasionally don’t listen to my own advice. I deadheaded 2 climbing roses at DD’s place recently and cut back the height to prevent it climbing onto the roof.  I did have a spotter with me one of those days but not for the second one I did the next day. What cute little things baby kittens are, what colour are yours?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 06:00:13 am by judydawn »

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25719 on: November 27, 2021, 08:10:24 am »
You are certainly very industrious. I’m not. It’s been 36 here today. A bit hard to take. We have a run tomorrow into a paddock, where they will hold a car gymkhana. I hope the paddock has trees.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25720 on: November 27, 2021, 09:14:42 am »
Take a hat and a brolly just in case it’s a treeless paddock cookie.  Have fun.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25721 on: November 28, 2021, 07:24:52 am »
On a perfect Adelaide day a friend and I went on another bus trip today, this time to Stirling markets in the Adelaide hills. A long lunch followed, a great day out and there were many others enjoying our first warm weekend in a long time.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
What have you been doing today?
« Reply #25722 on: November 28, 2021, 10:24:28 am »
That sounds lovely Judy. It was rather hot here again but the paddock where the gymkhana was held had trees on the edge. We had lots of fun, suffered a few bruises and rope burns and D H has sore arm muscles trying to drive the old Ute round the courses.

The Ute. It’s called Frank after a close friend who originally sold all the bits to DH.
This involved pegging out the washing as fast as you could without dropping the washing or the pegs, then you had to turn around and bring it all in.
This was a hard one. The driver had to drive round in a circle, the passenger (me) had to hold the rope, keeping the bucket off the ground at the same time not holding the rope past a knot they had put in it. It was hard for DH to keep in a perfect circle and the rope moved in your hands a lot in keeping the bucket off the ground. All activities were against the clock.
We loved it.
In all the activities the vehicle had to keep moving at all times. There were other activities but we weren’t photographed doing them.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 10:31:47 am by cookie1 »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25723 on: November 28, 2021, 12:03:56 pm »
Sound like a very well organised event cookie, I can understand where the rope burns came from. You might have a few new aches and pains in the morning after that work out. 

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #25724 on: November 28, 2021, 07:08:06 pm »
I wondered what a car gymkhana would look like, Cookie.  What fun, I am sure you enjoyed it.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.