Author Topic: Anything goes for Uni  (Read 7864382 times)

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: Anything goes for Uni
« Reply #31500 on: October 27, 2016, 08:14:18 am »
Cripes, Robyn, the credit card fraud is worrying, isn't it?  I assume your bank contacted you and that is how you found out??
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31501 on: October 27, 2016, 09:15:22 am »
Credit card fraud seems to be so much more frequent now adays. I have one but rarely use it.

Robyn was it a big truck that crashed into your roof and gutters? I hope they didn't do too much damage.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31502 on: October 27, 2016, 09:21:16 am »
A very exciting day for you Thermilover. :D

Blimey Robyn a fraught day for you. :o I hope your day got better.

Foggy here making it very wet underfoot walking.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #31503 on: October 27, 2016, 10:02:36 pm »
Morning all.
Thermilover, I understand and think you are wise not to take anything when pregnant. The Fess is safe. I have used it in a similar way to what Kat explained. Very exciting about the ultra sound.  I hope you can share the good news. But this is your choice.
Obbie, that Credit Card unorthorised use is horrid. Yesterday we were warned that a lot has been going on in Ballarat. I use my CC for 90% of purchases. If your pattern of usage changes the bank can pick it up immediately. They try to contact you but if the can't ,they put a block on your card and you can't use it until you contact them.
It is going to be a lovely day at Invermay today. Open Day at Cherokee tomorrow.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #31504 on: October 27, 2016, 10:08:21 pm »
DH name and DOB was used for a credit card 12 months ago, and we just found out last week.
I checked internet banking, for mine and that is how I found out about mine.

It was another rented Winnebago van that crashed into our shop roof, the guy rented it yesterday in Cairns. That is the 3rd time, a van has got of guttering on the shop.

Other than that, Today is Friday and will be a great weekend for me. :) :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline thermilover

• View Profile
« Reply #31505 on: October 27, 2016, 10:20:34 pm »
Good Morning everyone!!! An overcast start to the day with a possible shower later, so a little gloomy...

Yesterday was a little dissappointing day with the ultra sound, I was all excited that we'll get to see baby (hubby had joined me as well), but the sonographer we got seemed very inexperienced, and we couldnt see bub clearly :( But hubby cheered me up saying, 'big deal, we'll be seeing baby in real in just few more weeks' :D I was like thats true, we asked about the gender but again we got a 99% confirmation only but I think I will go with it this time, It's gonna be a girl!!!!!! Just keeping fingers crossed not to have any surprises, but my little one is already excited and has chosen a name for her :)

Robyn, thats really bad with the cc fraud, recently one of my colleague went through the same.. The most horrible part was it was an identity theft and not only cc, his mobile number had been hacked and the culprit had redirected all the bank calls and snail mail to him, he was able to almost take away 7000$, fortunately the police and banks helped my colleague retrieve the money but still were not able to catch the culprit..

Out of habit, I had been checking my cc statements almost every alternate day for few years now as I know these things happen a lot especially with the use of netbanking on phones.. The advancement of technology scares me sometimes with the amount of crime that can be easily done..

Anyways, just one day short of the weekend, hope everyone has a wonderful day and a great weekend!!!!!

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #31506 on: October 27, 2016, 10:27:59 pm »
Thermilover, sounds like a girl but whatever you have will be lovely. There were mostly girls in our family so when our son Paul was born we didn't even have a name sorted out for him.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31507 on: October 27, 2016, 11:11:33 pm »
99% would be good enough for me thermilover, stay well for the remainder of your pregnancy.

Good morning everyone.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 11:16:14 pm by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #31508 on: October 27, 2016, 11:26:18 pm »
That's lovely news Thermilover.  But so long as the wee one is well that is the main thing.

Our accountant was once the victim of identity theft - so it can happen to anyone, now matter who or what they are. 

I keep a strict eye on all our finances - company and personal, and to date we have been lucky.  This electronic world we live in is a double edged sword, you have to be so careful.  That was one reason why I was very reticent about posting about our recent trip overseas, all you need is one unfortunate comment to drop in the wrong ears and you could end up with break ins and worse happening whilst you are away.  I hate having to be so paranoid, but that is what it seems we are faced with these days.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Katj

• View Profile
« Reply #31509 on: October 28, 2016, 09:08:08 am »
Great news Thermilover! All babies are beautiful so it really doesn't matter whether it's a boy or girl. I'm sure she will be loved very much.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31510 on: October 28, 2016, 10:02:39 am »
What lovely news Thermilover, no wonder you are excited.

CC fraud seems to be a worldwide problem.The people who do this are scum,with no conscience at all.

A good dry walk with Chance this morning.Snapped this photo of the lovely Autumn leaves on the trees as I walked passed.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #31511 on: October 28, 2016, 12:29:32 pm »
So sorry to hear about the CC fraud Robyn.

Thermilover, it's exciting that you are able to see your little bundle.  I wish it was something that was available when I was pregnant.  Whatever it is, he or she will be loved!

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #31512 on: October 28, 2016, 10:34:52 pm »
Good morning all, home today :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31513 on: October 28, 2016, 11:05:13 pm »
Good morning everyone.  Have a great weekend.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31514 on: October 29, 2016, 09:33:11 am »
Hi friends.
A grey overcast morning here but a least it's dry. A quiet walk with Chance. Have a good weekend everyone.