Author Topic: BIMBI, the mini thermomix for kids  (Read 25170 times)

Offline inkha

• View Profile
BIMBI, the mini thermomix for kids
« on: October 24, 2009, 11:50:09 am »
Unfortunately I cannot obtain the Bimbi but have put feelers out in Germany where the Bimbi is known. I want it for my grandsons who help their Daddy in the kitchen using the TM31. He is a fab cook and the kids love 'working' with him. I am told it does things like smoothies and juices. Anybody here who has got one?

Offline Tebasile

• View Profile
    • http://tebasileskitchen.blogspot.com/
Re: BIMBI, the mini thermomix for kids
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 01:24:14 pm »

Honestly, Inkha,  save your money for a real one. It might be a good toy for children to pretend, whose parents don't cook. It looks cute, makes noices, thats it. It runs with batteries, the knife as well  the pot is made of plastic. It is not strong enough to make smoothies and juices. My children were so excited and then frustrated. They want to use the real one. I paid around 50 EUR + shipping to Canada for this decoration  :D. You find them sometimes on ebay. People, who can't read german placed bids for a toy, thinking it's the real one and paid hundreds of $$$  :o :-)).  Maybe I should try, if the little varoma fits in the big one,  to steam bread  ;D
Elisabeth -Thermomix Consultant- from Ontario, Canada
http://tebasileskitchen.blogspot.com/

vivacity

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 06:57:39 pm »
There's a thread somewhere here under chit chat I think entitled "soooo cute" that discusses the mini BIMBY. I agree that the mini thermomix is overpriced for what it has to offer.

Offline inkha

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 10:34:18 am »
Hi tebasile and many thanks for the info. I will not buy this toy since my son and his two boys are 'serious' cooks i.e. the kids would be very disappointed indeed. thank you so much for the info. BTw I saw the price of it on ebay, just around E139.--!! I have my TM31 and a second bowl and I am dead pleased.

Offline Tebasile

• View Profile
    • http://tebasileskitchen.blogspot.com/
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 03:04:33 pm »
You're welcome  :).
I have a second -uncooking- bowl. It's not heating, since we have here 110V and it was from my german modell. It took me a while to find out  :-)). But I'm happy with it.
Elisabeth -Thermomix Consultant- from Ontario, Canada
http://tebasileskitchen.blogspot.com/

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 08:17:58 pm »
There is a special offer on here in Spain at the moment, if you host a demo at your house and someone orders a THX then you are given one (I think...or maybe you can buy it?) but you have to do a demo.

I have seen one, and its absolutely gorgeous, it comes complete with varoma, basket and spatula. Its an exact copy, the same chime when it finishes. The only difference is, the blades arent metal (Obviously!) and it doesnt really heat up, although blades turn, kneads etc. Its really cute!
Amanda

Spain

Offline timfulford

• View Profile
    • ATamorecreations
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2013, 10:17:04 am »
Its a toy so you shouldn't expect it to do the same things as a real one. Honestly do some parents think a toy really does the same as as real one? A toy car does not have the same functions as a real one and neither does a doll or action figure…
Our kids have one and it gets used all the time when playing cooking which is great way to introduce the love of cooking and food. They use the real one too when they are helping in the kitchen.
Cook with all your heart and then friends and family will not be far away

Offline spersephone

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2016, 07:04:30 am »
That is just adorable - can you get them in Australia?

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2016, 09:07:55 am »
No, you have to buy from eBay and have them shipped to Australia Sarah. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2016, 09:32:00 am »
I think they are pretty expensive too.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline troupie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2016, 03:41:20 am »
My GD uses my thermie and her mothers all the time; she makes cakes and cooks the occasional dinner in it. Her favourite is cakes of course.