Author Topic: Morning all  (Read 10326 times)

Offline trudy

• View Profile
Re: Morning all
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2011, 10:51:14 am »
Glad you are haveing a great time Hally.  Keep relaxing and enjoying yourself.  Can't wait to hear how yosur cooking classes go.  Have you managed to get to the cookware shop that was mention on the forum awhile back?

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2011, 10:59:46 am »
No I had a look at it on the Internet and too expensive for me, plus you get lazy here, just nice to relax and do nothing for a change. :) :) I am really good at that
Hally
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2011, 11:06:34 am »
Forgot to mention, the towelscare heating up. By 7.55am all gone around the pool and nearly all gone at the beach too!

Apparently you can tip the pool boys to get you a chair..... Also last year a Russian hit a dutchman as he was in his spot!!!!

I just watch and laugh.

Must go to get happy at happy hour
Hally :) :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2011, 11:16:12 am »
So do you just sit on your backside Hally waiting to pounce on a vacated lounge?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2011, 12:52:24 am »
No JD I am very lucky at the moment. I am up early exercising some days, plus cam has befrended this family of 4am  they get us beds as the kids want to be together, also this lovely Irish couple always get us a spot just in case,  so between us all we always have a good spot. Telling DH when he arrives that it is sun lounge war here, when he arrives all friends will have left,  but we will probably spend more time at our own pool or the beach pool.

It is very entertaining to watch.lol ;D

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2011, 11:28:50 am »
when we went over as a family my DS used to get up early to reserve me a little daybed hut (don't know what they are called) around the pool. We usually go over with friends, so to have the daybed was a great meeting point and we had at least 1-2 people laying there all day, and sometimes about 8. I always feel like the Queen of Sheba from my vantange point ha ha, and know how funny it is to observe the poolside antics. I think the staff should be like the parking inspectors and have some mark that if its not removed after 1 hour then the towel will be removed, but the Balinese are not people confrontational at all.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline caketin

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2011, 11:46:06 am »
I remember the last time I was in Bali there was a lady who couldn't swim so she had a snorkel & flippers in the shallow end of the pool whilst her husband/partner tried to teach her how to swim. Then there was another lady and her mother who hired some locals to babysit the child whilst they laid on the sunbeds all day long. It's so interesting how people act on holidays! I spent more time in the pool than on the sunbeds as I'm quite fair and I hate being even slightly sunburnt (which only takes a couple of minutes for me!)

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2011, 01:02:35 am »
Cp I love the day beds, you have to pay fir them here, it would be murder if they were free.
People watching is such a fun pass time.

I went out walking at 6.30 and towels were everywhere, people must set ther alarms and then go back to bed

Another beautiful day here in Bali, but I must say I am really missing my TM
Hally

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2011, 12:51:07 am »
Have posted a recipe, it is fairly basic but didn't have EDC book with me so someone mightbwant to add speeds and temp to recipe.
I made this on the course and we went to the restaurant last night. It's very very nice
Hally :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2011, 01:25:22 am »
I'm sure there is enough information there for people to work out the times Hally - it is only for the rub so speed 8 until the right texture is achieved would be my suggestion. Sounds nice - the recipe is here guys.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2011, 01:31:42 am »
JD to the rescue. Someone take that cape of herm she nneds a rest..Lol ;D ;D
Don't think Judy will ever rest up
Please do try the recipe, it really is delish, we had it with rice and some veggies in a co nut milk. Will post more recipes when back home next week
 Hally

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2011, 01:51:23 am »
Keep enjoying your holiday Hally.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2011, 02:14:00 am »
Thanks Cookie! Lazy day at pool.
If I could have my TM here and my 2 cats. DH,DS and I would never leave...
Hally

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2011, 01:03:25 am »
Today is our last day, we fly home to cold Perth tomorrow. DS very sad about leaving, but school tuesday and DH has to work to pay for our next trip.LOL, poor DH

So looking forward to using my TM, have to steal it back from a friend who has  had it fir 3 weeks, but she has bought one now, so hoping she will part with mine with a smile. She hates cooking but loves the TM.

Had a great day at water bomb park yesterday, then had a lovely spicy pork curry, had coconut cream in it but the spices were a very different flavor to Thai green curry, have to see if I can find the recipe.

DS had a Tour of the kitchen here at  the hotel, I was having a massage so missed out!! And then he was only interested in where the food was stored and speaking rubbish to the head chef, oh what a waste!! Then was told he could have anything he liked and he chose ice-cream, you just can't trust a 7 year old.LOL  need to train him better.....

Hally
Hally

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2011, 01:11:11 am »
 ;D ;D You should have supplied him with a notepad and pen Hally, then he may have come back with a padful of recipes.  Never send a man Crown Prince to do a woman's job  ;)