Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6131175 times)

Offline chrissa

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #7035 on: February 12, 2013, 06:41:05 am »
I spent about three hours trying to get my Internet connection working. For whatever reason, just wouldn't connect, was ok before the weekend but we went away, came back and the gremlins have been at work.  One computer - no problems, the other and the ipad/iPhone different story.  Sooooo frustrating.....but all working again now.
I do the best I can

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #7036 on: February 12, 2013, 06:57:39 am »
I have had same problem for weeks now Chrissa but mine is wifi. It's really frustrating but managing short posts through 3G on my phone. I miss reading all the news on my iPad every day. We take technology so much for granted when it works and lost without it when it doesn't work.

Offline chrissa

• View Profile
« Reply #7037 on: February 12, 2013, 07:29:48 am »
You're exactly right MF. We all managed for years without Internet in every room but we are so reliant on Internet for so many things now, banking shopping but most importantly cooking !  My wifi for the ipad was relatively simple once I got the desktop functioning properly
I do the best I can

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #7038 on: February 12, 2013, 08:21:23 am »
Glad you got it fixed Chrissa. There is something wrong with our equipment so the IT guy has ordered everything new and coming to fix it all. Was supposed to be done before Christmas but the order didn't go through which held everything up. New PC coming too so in limbo here. Thankfully iPhone has 3G but the home button isn't working properly on that also but have new iPhone 5 waiting to be used once the rest is all fixed . Driving me nuts!!!

Offline kt2

• View Profile
« Reply #7039 on: February 12, 2013, 08:23:40 am »
It must be so frustrating for you MF, not long now!  ;D
Katie, Perth WA

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #7040 on: February 12, 2013, 08:36:56 am »
Very frustrating kt2. Not so bad for DH as he is only home in the evening and then he complains  :o
I say welcome to my world as at least he has everything he needs at work. I am lost and cant do much at all  but hopefully all will be sorted by Thursday evening but not holding my breath. DH insists it will all be fixed then so I have to believe that it will be done. Heard it would be done before Xmas so we will wait and see what happens  :-))

Offline kt2

• View Profile
« Reply #7041 on: February 12, 2013, 08:56:06 am »
And let's hope that it wasn't meant to be Xmas 2013!  ;) :D
Katie, Perth WA

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #7042 on: February 12, 2013, 09:41:53 am »
LOL  :o ;D

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #7043 on: February 12, 2013, 10:14:23 pm »
Hope all the IT probs are fixed soon!  :)

Today I have just got 3 kids and self breakfasted, dressed and teeth and faces cleaned then done the school trip.
But before they got up I tidied the house (was in bed with a migraine yesterday  :P so did not get much done there!!) and made a batch of cheese and bacon buns for their breakfast! So yum!
Have my 2nd load of washing in the machine and the first load is on the line.  :D

Have another dinner party here on Sunday, so will be cooking etc for that too!  ;D ;D ;D
:D

Offline kyton

• View Profile
« Reply #7044 on: February 13, 2013, 06:01:01 am »
No cooking but lots of cleaning. Two kidlets at school and littlest one (3yo) was exhausted from preschool so he slept for 3hrs.

And I booked our next trip to Hawaii - this time with the kiddies in 58 days. Not telling them until the week we leave.
Kylie

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #7045 on: February 13, 2013, 07:26:12 am »
Awesome and what a lovely surprise the kids will have  ;D

Offline kyton

• View Profile
« Reply #7046 on: February 13, 2013, 09:44:26 am »
MF - it saves our sanity! There are only so many times I could handle "how much longer until we go to Hawaii?" before I would crack LOL.
Kylie

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7047 on: February 13, 2013, 10:42:26 am »
I can understand that kyton.  The next thing will be when you are in the plane  'are we nearly there yet'?  ;D 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #7048 on: February 13, 2013, 01:35:25 pm »
MF - it saves our sanity! There are only so many times I could handle "how much longer until we go to Hawaii?" before I would crack LOL.

Ha ha I rembember those days well from when my kids were young  ;D
Now my GD's are the same. A few weeks ago one of my 5 year old GD's said to me that it was 95 sleeps until we all go away on our family holiday. She is still counting and told me when they were here on Monday for dinner that it was 68 sleeps LOL it's driving my DD mad. You are doing the right thing and as JD says it will be 'are we nearly there'  when you are on the plane  ;D

Offline kyton

• View Profile
« Reply #7049 on: February 13, 2013, 08:23:00 pm »
First we will have the two hour drive to the airport which does my head in - "How much longer? Mum are we almost there yet? Why can't we fly to the airport?"
Kylie