Author Topic: Anyone want to join me on my $100 per week food challenge  (Read 795205 times)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Re: Anyone want to join me on my $100 per week food challenge
« Reply #210 on: June 03, 2012, 06:57:27 am »
I usually only take them shopping a couple of times a year. DH throws extras into the trolley, like softdrink, biccies, snack food. ;D
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 03, 2012, 07:10:13 am »

That's the problem I will have on Thursday Robin :D, why do kids make us spend more?
Can we by this?
Can we try that?
Please mum can I have?
:D

get a baby sitter for them, its cheaper lol

Lol. Good idea :)
[/quote]

I can babysit, if you want me to teleport over to your house ;)

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #212 on: June 03, 2012, 07:11:51 am »
Thanks Amy, that would be great. Thursday about 9.30am thanks. Bring your own ear plugs :D
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 03, 2012, 07:46:13 am »
went shopping today, blew the budget totally, as I had DH and kids with me.
But, picked up olive oil, and EVOO 1/2 price.

I wont have to shop at all next week, only milk, fruit.

Robyn

That's the problem I will have on Thursday Robin :D, why do kids make us spend more?
Can we by this?
Can we try that?
Please mum can I have?
:D

I always considered  shopping time me  time and I never , not even once, took my kids grocery shopping. DH  has rarely seen the inside of a grocery store. If I ask him to get something I have to draw him a map and take a photo or cut out a label or give him the wrapper of what to buy.  I never bought any soft drinks either. The budget would not allow  it and neither would I. I drank water as a kid for the same reason.

My DD  is 42 and the only coke she has ever drunk is a diet  Coke with Bacardi. My DS  loves. Coke now  and then  but his kinds never drink any soft drinks either and his wife does not allow DH to have it either. I think he sneaks one in when he is out

I was lucky I guess because the shopping centre near me had a crèche which they loved and which I loved droppIng them into while I went shopping in peace. It was cheap too.

Mean mother eh?

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline keiramax

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 03, 2012, 07:53:44 am »
This challenge is forcing me to look in the dark depths of the pantry.  Dried Lima beans dated Aug 2000.  Will cook them and see what they are like.  I'm sure there are other things more than a decade old.

mcmich

« Reply #215 on: June 03, 2012, 08:03:16 am »
I'm a little bit disappointed. I usually shop Mondays but as we were out today and I was only buying fresh fruit and veg, dry dog food, puff pastry and tiolet paper we shopped on the way home. I am eating down the freezer and pantry this week.
I still spent $70.00 and forgot the puff pastry.

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 03, 2012, 08:14:53 am »
I always considered  shopping time me  time and I never , not even once, took my kids grocery shopping. DH  has rarely seen the inside of a grocery store. If I ask him to get something I have to draw him a map and take a photo or cut out a label or give him the wrapper of what to buy.  I never bought any soft drinks either. The budget would not allow  it and neither would I. I drank water as a kid for the same reason.

My DD  is 42 and the only coke she has ever drunk is a diet  Coke with Bacardi. My DS  loves. Coke now  and then  but his kinds never drink any soft drinks either and his wife does not allow DH to have it either. I think he sneaks one in when he is out

I was lucky I guess because the shopping centre near me had a crèche which they loved and which I loved droppIng them into while I went shopping in peace. It was cheap too.

Mean mother eh?

Gert

You gotta do what you gotta do Gert. That's what methinks anyway ;)

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 03, 2012, 08:15:33 am »
when the kids come with me shopping the only thing i would buy them was the little golden books,who remembers them ?

ps i am Mean mother 2
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 03, 2012, 08:19:40 am »
when the kids come with me shopping the only thing i would buy them was the little golden books,who remembers them ?

ps i am Mean mother 2

I LOVED those books when I was a kid! I still have some in a crate somewhere. They are very worn and faded though :-))

Uni, I cannot imagine you being mean :o

mcmich

« Reply #219 on: June 03, 2012, 08:19:56 am »
I still have my childrens golden books.

The Little Engine That Could
Good Night Baby Bear

I'm saving them for my grand children.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 03, 2012, 08:20:51 am »
Uni, we have lots of little golden books too. :)

We are going to plant up the vege garden next weekend, so i should save $$$$
I haven't bought eggs for 2 months, and that save $$$
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 03, 2012, 08:24:12 am »
This challenge is forcing me to look in the dark depths of the pantry.  Dried Lima beans dated Aug 2000.  Will cook them and see what they are like.  I'm sure there are other things more than a decade old.

My mother's favourite veg was frozen Lima beans. I was FORCED to eat them. I hated them so much and I hated being forced to eat them. I could not leave the table until they were gone. Week after week it happened.  I was about 10 when I decided enough was enough. I ate a pile of Lima beans my mean mother put  my plate and promptly projectile vomited them all over her. No more lima beans. Today I love them and grin every time I eat them when I think of the look on my mother's face.  She is still going strong at 92 in a " facility" in Florida.  She buried her 3ed husband last month. Sadly they had only been married  about 2 years. maybe it was the Lima beans that made her such a long liver.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline nazar

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 03, 2012, 08:25:10 am »
  l still have the books my mum brought me and l read them to my kids
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 08:27:39 am by nazar »

South West WA AUSTRALIA

Offline nazar

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 03, 2012, 08:30:22 am »
 l was a very fussy eater and ate like a sparrow as a child
 l invented lots of ways to make my food disappear with out eating it

South West WA AUSTRALIA

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 03, 2012, 08:32:10 am »
[I was lucky I guess because the shopping centre near me had a crèche which they loved and which I loved droppIng them into while I went shopping in peace. It was cheap too.

Mean mother eh?

Gert

Nah Gert you're a pussycat. :D
The really mean mother is one who takes 3 kids shopping all the time and says no ;D ;D ;D ;D.
Fundj I used to buy those too and the mr men ones  :) :) :) We still have them I think. Quite a collection.

I am awestruck by this challenge. We would struggle to survive on $100 for 2 days
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“