Author Topic: Splenda  (Read 3076 times)

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
Splenda
« on: May 20, 2012, 08:58:03 am »
Hi everyone,
I'm on a low carb diet which is working very well both to lose weight and to control my blood sugar which had become a bit all over the place (I'm not diabetic but my body was increasingly thinking of going that way and the Dr had an eye on it).  It avoids low fat and artificial things which is good for me, but it does allow/use Splenda.  I've always just used small amounts of raw natural sweeteners, and Splenda is a new and unknown quantity to me.  What are your opinions of it?  I'm trying to decide whether to go ahead and use it or not.
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Splenda
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 11:29:04 am »
There will be people against it I'm sure Carolyn - I found this on the net which may be worth reading whilst you wait for answers to your question.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Splenda
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 11:32:50 am »
I think Andy uses Splenda in her baked goods as she's a diabetic so maybe she can answer your question Caroline :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.