Author Topic: Newbie from Queensland  (Read 3618 times)

Offline SuzieG

• View Profile
Newbie from Queensland
« on: September 24, 2011, 10:02:21 pm »
Hi Everyone!

I've had my Thermie for 1 week today and I'm loving it!

After my delivery demo my DD (8) and I made another sorbet (orange and lemon) and then the Christmas rocky road from this website.

My first main meal was chicken and cashews (quirky cooking recipe) another success!

CADA every morning too quick and easy not to mention yummy.

Bolognaise (EDC) konigstein chicken wings (another recipe from here) which was very nice with left over coconut rice from quirky's recipe!

I did try making a pull apart can't remember which recipe I used but it wasn't so great and I must admit a pain to clean after as I let it rise in the bowl...I plan on making Isa's portugese rolls in the near future.

So little time and so much to make!

My only real complaint is cleaning it and I suppose I have to try a few more of the tricks!

Love this site it is truly inspirational! So thanks to everyone who contributes!

Suzanne

Offline thermoheaven

• View Profile
Re: Newbie from Queensland
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 11:21:50 pm »
Hello and welcome!

You've really given your tm a good working out!

you should find the bowl very easy to clean - I always soak mine immediately after tipping the contents out so the food doesn't dry solid in the bowl - it's no different to any other container - food will stick if you don't clean it out! there are a couple of links on this forum which address cleaning your bowl - i hope they help.

Offline Vivaroo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 11:55:59 pm »
Hello fellow Queenslander!  Between you and me I'm getting a slightly jealous hearing of these Perth-ite meet ups and some of us Queenslanders should get together!

I love the TMX for ease of cleaning, comparing with a juicer or food processor.  Although some things I'll always do on the stovetop, scrambled eggs comes to mind.  Cleaning I put hot tap water in just covering the top of blade, a tiny quirt of dishwashing liquid and blitz for maybe 10 seconds.  Then if there's any residue I use the sponge/scourer.  I only give a really good 'pull apart' clean at end of day and not every day, depends on what's been cooking. 

My struggle at first was using the spatula and I couldn't get the food out clean enough, solved that by buying a soft ended spatula.

Have fun SuzieG,

Viv, Sunshine Coast

Offline Carine

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 12:56:30 am »
Welcome to the forum Suzanne! Unfortunately there's no cooking without cleaning... unless your DH is happy to wash up and then you're a lucky woman ;D
Franco-Australian living in Tamworth (NSW, Australia)

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 01:00:08 am »
Hi SuzieG, welcome to the forum.  Viv's advice is the way to go - that's exactly what I do and have no problems cleaning off dough either after making bread.  The warm water and doing it immediately seems to be the trick.  You are going great guns though and once you've mastered the art of the easy cleaning method, you will be a happy chappy.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline SuzieG

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 01:01:19 am »
Therm heaven I'll give that a go thanks!

Viv I'm in Mackay but my Dad is on Sunshine Coast (Glass House Mountains).

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 04:23:00 am »
Welcome to the forum Suzanne. You sound like you're having fun. Once you get into the swing of things you'll find cleaning a breeze. After a big cook in one day you will notice that you have very few dishes-thanks to the TMX.
Yes we Perthites do have fun at our get togethers and I now count several of the people I have met on the forum as friends.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2011, 09:00:47 am »
Hi and welcome to the forum Suzanne.You certainly are having fun in your new TM and with your DD as well.Enjoy the rest of your cooking adventures. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 05:40:14 am »
Welcome to the forum Suzanne.

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2011, 04:49:27 am »
Another Qlder welcome Suzanne - great that you have discovered this wonderful forum, the wealth of information and advice available from the forum pros is inspirational!!!!!!
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.