Author Topic: Forum Fest 2015 Melbourne  (Read 196203 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Fest 2015 Melbourne
« Reply #900 on: October 27, 2015, 08:42:06 am »
What a great time you had taking photos cookie, I loved the purse and hadn't seen any of those things you posted.

Colette was a bright spark and fitted in well with our group kezza.  As a TMX owner, she should join our forum now that she knows quite a few of us.

Gayle, I panic if the line is long and boarding time is approaching - bet that doesn't surprise anyone LOL.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: October 27, 2015, 08:58:28 am »
Great photos Cookie. 8)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: October 27, 2015, 09:32:21 am »
Thanks for your comments too CP. I found that the hotel has scrimped on a lot of things since August. Eg shower gel. I get the feeling it has been taken over by another group (although it is still an Accor hotel) and they are looking at ways to save money.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline thermilover

• View Profile
« Reply #903 on: October 28, 2015, 08:56:23 pm »
Wonderful photos :) Looks like you all had loads of fun!!

But as I am new to the forum, couldn't recognize everybody.. Just could make out Gert and Judy I guess :D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: October 29, 2015, 12:13:05 am »
When I get time, I'll put names with the photos thermilover. I've just done a couple.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: October 29, 2015, 12:28:20 am »
Thermilover you can easily pick Chookie. She looks exactly like the avatar she uses on the forum.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #906 on: October 29, 2015, 12:49:23 am »
Thermilover you can easily pick Chookie. She looks exactly like the avatar she uses on the forum.

Ha, Cookie.  That is why I keep the avatar.  GD drew this for me.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #907 on: October 29, 2015, 02:19:30 am »

Ha, Cookie.  That is why I keep the avatar.  GD drew this for me.

It's true ... the first time I met Chookie I knew it was her immediately.  Her GD did a great job with the drawing.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline kmw

• View Profile
« Reply #908 on: October 29, 2015, 10:32:11 am »
CP comments are on the mark & for me my steak was cooked lovely (but topped by the tramcar main the next day).

We were meant to have a toaster & microwave but didn't apparently the small kitchen was ripped out a fortnight ago but it was a larger room & bathroom was pretty new. 

Cookie lovely photos I didn't see any of the flowers.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: October 30, 2015, 06:42:22 am »
As mentioned last night, for those that have the Philips pasta machine (and those that don't, not mentioning anyone.....Denise) here's a video link to the new cookie discs (hope it's ok to post this. Sorry if it's not)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GNVmPkWE_Ss

Kimmy, I'm sure it will be hard to clean!  Translated to read, I want one,I want one and yes I want one.

Fantastic seeing you all again.  Evan and I were saying how lovely to see all and it really does feel like old friends because that is what you all are.  Really enjoyed meeting some new to the fest too, Brenda, Nadine,Kim and Marina.

We thought the drive was wonderful, we went through Bowra going home ( Clare Valley another beautiful location to visit).  Eucla was booked out so drove onto to Mundrabila (not the best) and had a delicious meal cooked for us in Kal by my dear brother who after 3 very angry years appears to have turned the corner and was in great spirits, in fact hardly dare say it, happy. This topped off a wonderful albeit short holiday.

I can't add too much regarding the hotel other than location, location,location.  Yes it seemed very tired.

Our baby was pleased to see us and really doesn't appear impacted from his adventure. Our two beautiful daughters were very tired and very happy to see us ( but would do it again in a heartbeat) bless them. A very lucky person to have all in my life, including all you forum friends.

Again thanks to everyone that had imput in the organising offsets other successful weekend.  Also to our two wonderful moderators who helped pull it all together.

Denise

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #910 on: October 30, 2015, 07:04:29 am »
Bedlam, so pleased you are home safe with the baby. Yes you do have 2fab daughters.
Bedlam, tell your DH that my DH really enjoyed the motor show, and thank him also.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: October 30, 2015, 07:07:49 am »
Chookie, I was very pleased that DH noticed it was on and thrilled Your DH joined him. It sounded like a great show.  Not quite as good as our class though, thanks for organising that.  Your DIL' s steamed buns looked perfect, had she made them before?
Denise

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: October 30, 2015, 07:29:02 am »
I can imagine your homecoming was met with great excitement Denise, just like mine was at the nursing home (including staff for some reason).  I bet bubby's little face lit up instantly.

Your road trip sounded wonderful, not something I would ever have had the chance to do with my DH as he didn't like the outback at all.   It was nice to hear you enjoyed your short stay with DB, that certainly would have been the icing on the cake.

You deserve all those wonderful people in your life (including us LOL) and on the flip side, how lucky are we  to have met up on so many occasions now.  :-* :-* :-*

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: October 30, 2015, 11:11:30 am »
Yes Judy, wonderful to have had the opportunity to see you and the others again.
I am pleased you found your Mum and Geoff well and happy.
Denise

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: October 30, 2015, 01:23:27 pm »
I've just watched the video of the cookie extruders for the pasta machine. It would make making a batch of cookies  so quick and easy, especially using the AF to bake them. But I don't need them.  ;D ;D ;D ;D