Author Topic: Bread-how big?  (Read 4217 times)

Offline AmandaN

• View Profile
Bread-how big?
« on: October 18, 2010, 03:48:59 am »
I have a large bread tin (900g?), and I have made a few loafs to fit the tin, however, it got me wondering what the max capacity would be for the TMX to handle.  Though I guess it might depend a bit on the type of dough you are working with (I recently did a rye loaf which the machine struggled with a little).

I have done spelt loaf were I am using 700g of flour in total, and that seemed to go OK.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
Re: Bread-how big?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 05:00:14 am »
For those that have it, in the front of the EDC book under introduction - the summary table has this information, it is also on the magnetic card that came with the EDC   ;)

for those that don't, the maximum is 600g flour for bread dough or 750g for a more liquid dough  :)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 07:44:53 am »
And as far as I understand it a 900 tin uses a dough mixture with 600g flour and makes a 1kg loaf - clear as mud LOL
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline AmandaN

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 10:04:43 am »
Thanks for that!  I have the EDC and just saw a bit that had maximum quantites on it and dough wasn't mentioned.......I didn't see the table a few pages on, or the think to look at the magnet on my fridge!   :-))

Offline Hestonfan

• On my way to becoming a domestic goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 03:47:18 pm »
Sorry - maybe not too helpful and I apologize- but I gave up doing anything that 1 tin loaf in the TMX- my Kitchenaid handles almost 2 kg at the time. On another note if I do a yeast dough, I find the heating in the TMX of the water and yeast at 37 sp 3 for 3 min excellent to totally dissolve the yeast and achieve a dough T of 25 C  :D
Gabry from Adelaide