Author Topic: Ice cream meltdown  (Read 7235 times)

Offline snappyandrew

• View Profile
Ice cream meltdown
« on: July 29, 2013, 04:49:14 pm »
Hi there.
Any one out there had this problem? I've followed the vanilla ice-cream recipe in the book and it seems to be going ok up to the point that I take it out of the freezer. I then try and fluff it up by, as the recipe says, putting it back in the thermomix but it goes runny. I don't seem to have this problem with sorbets.
Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks in advance

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Ice cream meltdown
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 05:56:31 pm »
I can't think why your ice cream is going runny snappyandrew.Are you freezing it in a shallow,preferably metal,container until solid. Then cutting it into chunks and processing it 30sec/ speed 8 ?
There are many recipes here on the forum for ice cream.If you go to the "home" page and type in ice cream in the "search" box the recipes will appear ;)
A popular recipe is Salted Caramel Maple Ice Cream
Also this one Easy (40 second) egg free vanilla icecream:
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 01:02:57 am »
I'm afraid I have no idea either. What happens if you proceed with the mixing and re freeze? Does it taste ok?
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 01:14:16 pm »
I am not sure either. I make the EDC ice-cream all the time and have never had a problem. I presume your bowl is at room temp and not straight out of the dishwasher?