Author Topic: Varoma recipe section  (Read 12173 times)

Offline bartoncs

• View Profile
Varoma recipe section
« on: March 19, 2010, 06:35:53 am »
Hi

Could we look at having a swapping recipies section specifically for steamed/varoma recipes?

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Varoma recipe section
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 06:55:32 am »
Good idea bartoncs - it is a wonderful part of our TMX and probably under used in most homes.  I know it took me months before I used my varoma then I was hooked. Thermomixer is a great fan of it also and I'm sure he has plenty of recipes for it on his blog - a lot of which he has posted on this forum. Guess it's just a matter of getting them altogether and moving them if another section was made.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Carrie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 06:57:37 am »
Oh, I'd love this too. :D
Mama at home with my 4yo additive sensitive son, feeding family of 3 and a furbaby easily with my Thermie.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 07:27:31 am »
i would love this too, as i hardly use my veroma.

i use my thermomix every day though.
thanks,
Robyn
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Moonmobile

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 08:03:55 pm »
I would love to see a varoma section. I am a huge fan of the varoma and love steaming food and want more recipes! I have bought a couple of steaming recipe books (including steam it) to see if I can adapt them to the thermo. Although people don't seem to be very keen on the Full Steam ahead book - I am waiting for it to become available to non consultants. At the very least it should give me some ideas. BTW I am also waiting for the other new book to become available for the general TM user.

Thanks for the tip that Thermomixer has lots of varoma recipes - I immediately rushed to his blog to check them out. A few I will need to adjust to make them gluten and sugar free but that's not a problem.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 11:57:07 pm »
Moonmobile, the Full Steam Ahead book is available to customers, you just need to hold a Varoma Demo to be able to purchase it.

Word is that this book will never become available just for general purchase....
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Moonmobile

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2010, 05:53:33 am »
Faffa, Does that mean that I need to ask a consultant to come around and demonstrate the varoma to me (and some friends) - or does it mean that I have do the demonstrating? Sorry to ask such a basic question!

Offline SoBlessed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2010, 10:39:24 am »
I've had my TMX for 1 month & used the Varoma for the first time yesterday. I was scared of it! I wanted to make the fried rice recipe that I got from here, so had to dive in & give it a go. I loved it & now feel more confident & ready to use it more, even if it's just for steamed veggies!
Sue

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2010, 02:52:42 pm »
Stress less Moonmobile  ;D ;D your consultant will do the demo  ;) ;)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2010, 09:35:23 am »
I'm trying to find time to have a Varoma Demo, but my consultant lives 3 hours away, so it's not just a matter of popping around one evening!
Makes it very hard for people living in the bush to get hold of these sort of books.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2010, 05:15:38 am »
Part of the problem with a dedicated section is that there are so many recipes already here and they vary from starters, mains etc to desserts.

I love my Varoma and some of the Full Steam Ahead recipes have been included via my translation of the Italian book.

Do a search for Full Steam Ahead and many will be revealed.

Maybe we need to have a section for Varoma recipes with just links to the originals?
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2010, 11:32:38 am »
Maybe we need to have a section for Varoma recipes with just links to the originals?

I think that is a good idea.  I was thinking we could put "varoma" next to the varoma recipe titles, but it would get a bit messy ("with photo/varoma" etc).  I like the idea of keeping the varoma dishes with the others and I find having them there encourages me to use my varoma more often. :)

Offline Moonmobile

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2010, 07:41:49 am »
Thermomixer

I agree the wide variety is a problem! A section with links sounds like a great solution. Until then doing a search with varoma is an excellent idea.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2010, 11:49:56 am »
Unfortunately there are lots of things cooked at Varoma temp too  :(
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.