Author Topic: Hi, Relative Newbie  (Read 4554 times)

Offline Lisa70

• View Profile
Hi, Relative Newbie
« on: February 29, 2012, 08:40:23 am »
Hi All

I am Lisa from Perth. I have had my thermomix since October 2011 but I'm not using it as much as I should be. I am NOT a natural cook and have to stick to a recipe not very good at "throwing something together". Hoping to get some new recipes, hints and inspiration from some experienced users.

Cheers  ;)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
Re: Hi, Relative Newbie
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 08:54:51 am »
Hi Lisa and welcome to the forum. Why not pop over and enter in the poll so we can keep track of where our members are from.
We have lots of delicious recipes here that our members have kindly posted - and here is my current list of favourites (which needs updating soon) - we also look forward to hearing from you if you have any queries, comments or converted recipes of your own to offer.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 09:16:19 am »
Hi Lisa.  Sounds like you need to start  experimenting a little.  Are you making some juice in the morning, bread at the weekends (if you are working)  I love the easy soups you can create, and the quick salads, the Beetroot one in EDC is a favourite. You will get inspiration here from all the lovely members. 

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 09:41:30 am »
Hi Lisa and welcome to the forum, you have made the right decision joining the forum. There is lots of inspiration on here that I hope helps you get the love of owning a TM and preparing lots of different meals.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 10:27:45 am »
Hi Lisa, welcome to the forum. You certainly have come to the right place - just have a look at some of the recipes and lovely photos, read what people have been cooking today or what they had for dinner  and it may get you motivated. Just browse back a few pages of these links (or more if you have the time). Whenever people lose their mojo in the kitchen, a quick visit to the forum helps them on their merry way once more. Pick out a few recipes, get the ingredients in and you will be away and wanting to make more things.  There is nothing wrong with following recipes, we all start off like that and many of us still like to follow recipes no matter how experienced we are but we do learn how to tweak a recipe to suit our tastes which you will soon find yourself doing once you get going.  Good luck, let us know what you make and how you are going. Any questions, just ask.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Moo2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 10:33:19 am »
Hi Lisa and welcome to the forum. I too like to follow recipes which is why the forum is such a great resource for me. And everyone is really helpful with any questions you may have.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 06:17:51 pm »
Hi Lisa and welcome to the forum.There are many recipes here on the forum to help you cook with your TM more often.Have fun deciding what to try first. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 06:42:01 pm »
Hi lisa
Welcome an cp's list of favs is a good place to start..
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 01:00:21 am »
Welcome Lisa, lovely to have you with us. As folks have suggested just pick one or two things to do each week. Do you have children? I'm sure they would love to help you select things to make. Biscuits for after school, sorbets, icecreams.
Please let us know how your TMX ing goes and what you make.
Another Perthite. :-*
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Lisa70

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 12:26:45 pm »
Hi Frozzie, I was just going to ask you what cp's list of faves was, but the penny has dropped and I got it "CreamPuff"!
Is this the best place to come just for a chat?
Cookie1 asked if I had kids, yes a daughter 12 and son 8,pretty good eaters and are mostly willing to try new things. I made the chicken and cashew meal last night, and had to run out to a meeting, but the family and M.I.L enjoyed it, and I had it for dinner tonight and enjoyed it a lot more than I did last night.
My three favourite recipes at the moment are date, banana and walnut loaf (awesome) and in the early days I made the broccoli salad (a slightly different version from my TMX dealer) over and over again, until I was all "broccoli-ed out" and choc-chip banana muffins. The mushroom risotto is great too. I have only used the varoma twice. My first attempt was the meatloaf and DH and myself were extremely impressed.
p.s. I tried to download photo for my profile but it wouldn't work  :(

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2012, 12:53:31 pm »
Lisa, we have the Chit Chat section on the Home Page for chatting subjects but it's OK to put things about yourself under your own introduction thread or answer questions there that someone has asked during their welcome posting.
If you want to do a review of a recipe from the forum, just put that beneath the recipe itself.  If it is from a book, we have a special recipe review section for the books.  It is all a bit complicated when you first start but if you read all the latest postings on a daily basis you will soon get the hang of where we type our messages. The forum was much more simple when I joined so I didn't have too much trouble getting used to it but it has come a long way since then and can be a bit tricky for new comers. You are not afraid to ask questions though, that's the best way to find out anything (if we know the answer that is ;))
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 01:26:37 pm »
Yes sorry lisa i probably shouldnt abbreviate things lol

The chit chat thread as judy mentioned is the place to let it all out so to speak.. We are many 'chatters' on here ...
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2012, 09:34:59 pm »
Hi Lisa, welcome to the forum
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.