Author Topic: Best Recipe books?  (Read 3541 times)

Offline auds

• View Profile
Best Recipe books?
« on: November 16, 2011, 03:45:57 am »
So far I only have the edc and the indian cookbook.  I am hoping to get all additions to the beast for Xmas  ;D

Can anyone recommend a couple of the cookbooks worth buying?  We are meatasaurases not vegetarians.  I also love to entertain.

Also are there any other cookbooks or accessories etc I can look at getting?  I have the thermoserver.

Thanks all  ;)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Best Recipe books?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 05:39:31 am »
auds, most of us are recipebookaholics and we buy them whether we need them or not. I have them all (I think!) except for the latest one by Dani Valent or the Tenina one but all those put out by H.O. or Vorwerk I do have.  I do more recipes from the forum than anywhere else and I do like to convert recipes I find in magazines or my old cookbooks but I still like to browse the cookbooks from time to time.  Whenever a new book is released, we get a few reviews then it seems to die off for some reason.
Check out this review section of recipes from the books if you haven't already come across it.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline AmandaN

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 06:04:14 am »
I have most of them too.  The vegetarian book does have some good recipes, which include some side dishes for the meatasaurses.  One stand out for me is the moroccan carrot salad.  I could eat it until it comes out my ears and I turn as orange as an oompaloompah.  I don't have the seafood book, as I just do not do seafood at all much to DHs disappointment.

What about Nico's book?  If you like entertaining you might like this one, though not all recipes are thermomix.
http://www.urbanprovider.com.au/index.cfm?Page_ID=32

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 07:07:57 am »
My favourite is the Indian one. I have all the others though. I never use the seafood one. I rather like 'In the Mix' and the travelling book. I now usually use forum recipes or convert my own. I am looking forward to Tenina's books though.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline auds

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 07:58:53 am »
Will check all of those out thanks