Author Topic: Question re apricot chicken in EDC  (Read 3676 times)

Offline auds

• View Profile
Question re apricot chicken in EDC
« on: November 13, 2011, 02:29:37 am »
I was thinking about trying this for dinner tonight (second time using the TM) and was wondering if this recipe would be suitable to steam some broccoli in the veroma at the same time?  I think the chicken takes about 17 mins could I put the broccoli on at the same time or wouldnt it cook properly?

any help would be appreciated  ;D

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
Re: Question re apricot chicken in EDC
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 03:49:39 am »
Hi Auds. I haven't made this but in my experience vegies won't cook in the varoma (no matter how thin you slice them  ;D) unless the recipe heat setting is varoma.

The apricot chicken recipe in my EDC is 100 degrees so I would do the Apricot chicken first, put it in the thermoserver then add 500g hot water to the bowl and then steam some veg in the varoma on varoma temperature (speed 2 or 3) for around 10 minutes (depending on veg and how big the pieces are).

The EDC has specific steaming instructions on page 6 of 2010 edition (putting hot water in the bowl cuts the cooking time). The added benefits of doing it this way are that it makes the bowl and lid easy to clean and the dog gets the leftover water from the bowl poured over his dried food to soften it :)

Hope this helps  :)
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 06:50:26 am »
Yes you need the varoma temp to steam and risotto is cooked at 100 degrees.

P.S - The chicken is way overcooked in the apricot chicken risotto.  Try adding it with 6-7 minutes and it will be cooked perfectly. :)

Offline auds

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 06:20:21 am »
thanks very much for that